May 3 in EP Music History Triva (win a prize today!)

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

May 3 in EP Music History Triva (win a prize today!)

Postby KarenZ » Sat May 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Happy Birthday Pete Seeger! Pete was born on May 3, 1919 making him a young-at-heart 89! :)

The above picture of Pete and Ellis Paul was taken a few years ago at the Newport Folk Festival.

Can anyone name the Pete Seeger song that Ellis has been performing at some of his kids' shows? I'll send a Shallow Hal DVD (featuring Ellis' song "Sweet Mistakes") to the first person with the correct answer. :)

What are you guys and gals up to this weekend? Any music? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat May 03, 2008 2:45 pm

In Ohio this weekend for a wedding last night so the music we heard this weekend consisted of wedding bells and the dance music that followed. The roadtrip in the car was like flying nonstop on TJA airlines. :wink:

I've won within the last 6 months and will defer to other lucky contestants. Thanks for the fun trivia this weekend, Karen. That's one enjoyable prize.

I'm hopin to live vicariously thru someone's weekend musical journey. :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Sat May 03, 2008 3:09 pm

I can't believe I know this....I never know anything!

If I had a hammer! :)

And my musical journey this weekend took me to The Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell Ga (it's sort of the sister venue to the Bluebird in Nashville) where I saw Craig Carothers, Don Henry and Randy Sharpe play in the round, and chowed down on some awesome bar-b-que too!!

It was a great show! My first time seeing Craig and Randy. I've seen Don at the Attic several times. Great songwriters, all three!! And I've got to say after spending $100 last weekend for Bruce (I'm not complaining, I totally got my moneys worth) it is so awesome to me that great music can still be found for under $20!! God Bless America!! :)

Annie

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat May 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Paddy, thatnks for deferring :) and annieb, congratulations! :) I'm pleased that you won't be saying "I never know anything" ever again! :) Please send me your snail mail address in a PM and I'll pop your prize into the mail.

And folks, if you didn't see PBS' recent documentary on Pete Seeger, make sure to watch it on re-runs or get it on DVD! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat May 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Good Lord, now I'm livin vicariously thru Barbeque, too!! :D

Congrats Annie!!! Enjoy the movie and ship me some of that BBQ. :lol:
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Sun May 04, 2008 6:25 pm

How cool is this place?!!

Thanks Karen! :)

But really, just getting to know you fine folks is prize enough!!

And Paddy, I'll keep the 'que' warm, something tells me you'll be down this way before too long. :)

Annie

mm

Postby mm » Sun May 04, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi guys,
Thought I'd pipe in to this thread including the query on what music was absorbed....first off, my oldest son turned 16 on Pete Seeger's shared birthday, so I'm glad to see he shares it with such a fine man. Had I known that 16 years ago in labor, I would have been singing "If I Had a Hammer" indeedy....right?

But I had the great privilege of seeing my friend Willy Porter in concert this weekend in NH. It amazes me how his talent continues to floor me in that it seems completely impossible to do on guitar what he does, but I watched him do it. Whew. And a super great guy in general.

Monica M

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun May 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Annie

Keep the 'que' warm cuz we got one in - law married this weekend and one in the Atlanta area with an eventual ceremony in sight. :)

Funny....We showed up for Jeff Black at Swallow in the Hollow a few years back and had no idea it doubled as a bar-be-que joint. :shock:

Bein from Texas I'm always on the look out for good bbq..... :)

We got cheesteaks covered up here in Philly.....but it ain't quite 'que' :?
paddy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”