Kris Delmhorst

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Kris Delmhorst

Postby KarenZ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Folks,

Here's a link to Kris Delmhorst's interview/performance on NPR's All Things Considered which aired yesterday - Nov. 16, 2006.

Singer Creates Musical 'Conversation' with Poetry

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:05 pm

Thanks Karen, I've been listening to Kris all week. Was going to put Hurricane in the song of the day forum the other day... She'll be at Stone Soup Coffee House, Pawtucket RI on Dec. 2...anyone in the area should make the quick trip over the border to our great little coffee house.

(How do you put a link in here??, Karen feel free to edit :)

herve

Postby herve » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 pm

Kris was at La Pomme d'Eve a month ago. Magic!

Patti

Postby Patti » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:31 am

Saw Kris perform last week.... it was a great show... she played for 2 hours!! Loved the old stuff as well as the new.... have been OCD :) on a few songs from her new Strange Coversation CD... what a great concept for a collection of songs..

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:16 am

Saw a very pregnant Kris D in London last night - she played for about an hour and a half and sang quite a few songs from her new CD 'Shotgun Singer' which is due for release later this month, altho' she had a supply with her and we bought a copy.

She has also, concurrently, released a self released EP 'Horses Swimming' which features six songs that didn't make the CD but ones as she put it 'wanted to go out into the world'. Picked that up too.

We've been fans of hers for a good number of years now, she is very talented and has a very quiet stage presence - with many of her songs I find that I have to listen to them for a few times and they really grow on me - usually that is a very good sign. It's all the subtle layers that I don't pick up on first hearing. My absolute favourite is 'Broken White Line' which she did play as it was requested by a number of people in the audience.

Really good show, a great mellow evening.

Jela

herve

Postby herve » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:32 am

Hello everyone,

Kris played at La Pomme d'Eve two weeks ago and delivered a great set, the first with Dennis Crommett on guitar. I'm sure the following shows where even better, with Dennis getting more into the songs.

I have posted some pictures and an MP3 of Birds of Belfast on my blog :
http://acousticinparis.blogspot.com/.

Next shows, Greg Brown and Bo Ramsey, featuring my friends Richard and Jela :D

Herve

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:25 am

Thanks Herve and Jela!

Herve, does this mean you decided to continue having shows? Oui? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:37 am

Fame at last! We are very much looking forward to the Paris gig, just sorry that we can't be there for both nights.

Jela

herve

Postby herve » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:20 am

KarenZ wrote:Thanks Herve and Jela!

Herve, does this mean you decided to continue having shows? Oui? :)

KarenZ

NON, Karen :D These gigs with Greg ad Bo were long planned... Actually, ther will be one last farewell show with Eric Andersen AND Iain Matthews on July 2nd.

Hervé

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 am

Mon Dieu. C'est terrible. :(

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Signature Sounds is having a sale on cds this week .......$9.99

http://www.signaturesounds.com/

some of the artists on Signature Sounds include:

Jeffrey Foucault
Kris Delmhorst
Peter Mulvey
Chris Smither
Mark Erelli

:D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

herve

Postby herve » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:58 am

A long interview with Kris at Modern Acoustic. It's dated April 2007 but KD talks about Shotgun Singer.

Click on the picture for the pdf article. Kathleen Edwards is also featured.

Herve

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:47 am

Kris Delmhorst with David Goodrich, Peter Mulvey, and Jeffrey Foucault.

Shotgun Singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUV3uzIiMGE
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”