Oprah's Book Club - A New Earth:AwakeningToYourLife'sPurpose

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Oprah's Book Club - A New Earth:AwakeningToYourLife'sPurpose

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Did anyone participate in Lesson 1 of Oprah's ten-week course with Eckhart Tolle, author of A New Earth? I just found out about the book yesterday (actually the book found me), so I missed the live broadcast Monday night (simultaneously watched by 500,000 persons around the world!) but watched the archived 90-minute broadcast last night.

If anyone else is also interested in making the 10-week awakening journey with me, and would want to talk about it here, please let me know. So many good things from Lesson (Chapter) 1 that I am bursting with the desire to share some of it! :)

Read more at www.oprah.com.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Have not heard of this til now, Karen. Sounds like Oprah is really doing her level best to bring others to the kind of happiness we are all capable of getting to. Kudos to her for shedding light on ways to get there. Looks really interesting from what little I see so far. Is this on tv every monday night or is it a web braodcast only? Both, maybe?

Also...here's a silly question. Is this a chick thing? Mostly?

I can see the book's author is a man...but it's on Oprah.

Gotta be a chick thing, right?

Not committing right now...but will investigate and consider, as well as enjoy possible future discussion here on the board. :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:19 pm

It's most definitely NOT a chick thing. It's about bringing about a personal and a collective shift in our consciousness. Something I really, really need to break free of old conditioned thinking.

Each lesson (chapter) will take place live on Monday night at 9pm EST, but if you miss it (like I did) you can view it on her website. Those viewing live can e-mail questios in and others could ask questions live via web cam.

Karen
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Karen

Hope there ws no offense taken with my last post. It was a halfway light hearted attempt to poke fun at the notion that what Oprah usually aligns herself and her show with are aimed at women.

Something told me this was not necessarily the case here. Thanks for the clarity on this particular question I had on the book and show. Sounds like a good one.

I'll have to view the archived show later to see more..... :)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:00 pm

No offense was taken. I guess I should have put a :)

Karen

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:22 pm

Karen

Not at all....

:) intended is good enough for moi.

:)
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:15 pm

I like songs that capture the essence of awakening to change.

The Good Life ~ by Bill Deasy. Though it speaks to finding the love of his life, I think it also speaks to finding something that turns your world around whether it's in another person or place or thing. Hope it's okay to drop this in here.

The Good Life

I was goin nowhere in a handbag
You were drawin circles in the dirt
I was asking questions with no answer
You were seekin meaning on this earth
Walked into a church and lit a candle
Deep inside the flame I saw you there
Walkin in your sundress and your sandals
Ribbon of moonlight in your hair

And I said......
"Oh my, there goes the mystery
of who I'm here to find
Alright,
Let's make some history
We'll start livin the good life
Start livin the good life"

Walkin thru the minefield of my major
You pointed out the flowers in the grass
We came upon a steady flowin river
Stood beside the timeless hourglass
When I turned away in hesitation
You took my face between your hands
There inside your eyes I saw salvation
There within your touch my promised land

And I said....
"Oh my, there goes the mystery
of who I'm here to find
Alright,
Let's make some history
Start livin the good life"

My love
Break the walls around me
Would you
My love
Let the sunlight fall
Let the sunlight fall
Let the sunlight fall
Back on me
yeah yeah

Oh my
There goes the mystery
Of who I'm here to find
Alright
Let's make some history
Start livin the good life
Start livin the good life

yeah yeah yeah
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 am

Can we get Ellis on Oprah?

Dang...I missed last night's episode, too. Just over on the website
that disusses this series and book and it's really quite the movement. 8)
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:58 am

Paddy,

I did watch last night (first week I was able to watch the live Monday night broadcast), but will probably re-watch Chapter 3 lesson again this week (each lesson is archived on her website) because I need all the reinforcement I can get. ;) It's a matter of individual needs....and I'm sure for many people it's not going to be their cup of tea. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, as they say! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 am

Yup...there's always naysayers and the cup of tea scenario and different strokes. I mean, really, Ellis Paul regularly plays in front of dozens or hundreds and not thousands or tens of thousands. Makes your case right there. :?

What's cool, too, is the website setup for chat so that beyond what you can take away from the show itself you get the bonus of hearing how it's affecting change in other's lives and offer feedback of your own. 8)
paddy

Return to “Say Something”