Leap Day EP Trivia! (Win a prize today!)

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Leap Day EP Trivia! (Win a prize today!)

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:13 am

Happy Leap Day Folkies! :)

The photo below was taken at a house concert at BillE's house in Pearland, TX on Leap Day, 2000. (Bill, can it have been 8 years ago already?) :) The first person to identify the two other MAHvelous musicians playing with Ellis will win a copy of Shelter: The Best of Contemporary Singer-Songwriters, a terrific 2-disk set of music that includes EP doing "Last at the Table". Check the track listing; it's pretty amazing.

KarenZ (who will be so happy when February is over!) :)

"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:26 am

Karen....thanks for the chance at that great prize..... 8)

It's a great record and One I've had for years....so I'll pass.

Get in on this folks...great collection of songs.

Great photo of Ellis and :?: :?:

Too easy, really.... :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:30 pm

I know I know!!!

But I've recently won a prize, so I won't say. :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Michael&Cathy

Postby Michael&Cathy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Okay, I know it's DonCon, but the other is just a guess: Christopher Williams?

And I'm with you, Karen. Good riddance to February!
Cathy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Cathy,

Congratulations on being today's winner! As Jela would say, your guess was "spot on"! :)

Send me a PM with your snail mail address and I'll pop your prize into the mail.

Thanks for participating! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 am

Well here in the UK we have had the sunniest February since they began keeping records 70 years ago. The climate is definately changing but in my mind the jury is out as to the reasons behind that.

Congrats Cathy on winning the prize.

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:26 am

Cathy,

Yes indeed, congratulations on the right answer and prize!!! :) You are in for a musical treat with that one. Lots of great music there. And as for the trio of Ellis, DonCon, and Christopher Williams, those were the days. I chanced to see them on that tour they did. One of the best Ellis Paul concerts I've ever seen. Make that one of the best concerts I've ever seen, and I've seen some dandys..... :D

It was at the Tractor Tavern in Seattle a few years back and these guys were some kind of jammin. Onstage and off the stage unplugged in the audience. Chris opened up solo acoustic with his mesmorizing voice and songs. He donned his percussionist hat later joining Ellis and Don for the rest of the night. Amazing, I tell ya, simply amazing!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Michael&Cathy

Postby Michael&Cathy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:49 pm

WooHoo!! Can't wait to give the new disc a listen. I've never seen EP with Christopher Williams, but I was saw him in St. Paul with DonCon. They do a great version of "Look at the Wind Blow" together!!!

It's beautiful (if cold) in Wisconsin today. My 5th floor office window has a Mississippi River view (until the end of April, that is, when the Research department moves into the bowels of the medical center, and my window will look into a concrete wall!), and the sun sparkling on the ice and snow makes the river blindingly white. In another thread someone mentioned loving the song "Blizzard." I don't hear it mentioned very often, but it reminded me of how much I, too, love that EP song. But like Karen says, "I love 'em all!"

Song of the Day--that's what the thread was. How about "Time"? Like Blizzard, not mentioned enough--an exquisite little story in a few lines. Heartwrenching. Just like the very beginning and very end of Saturday, 1/4 past 2. Oh, heck, they're all my favs. What a poet!

Happy Monday to you all! :)
Cathy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”