Darrell Scott

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Darrell Scott

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:28 pm

This week on WPLN's Live in Studio C features Darrell Scott. Darrell's segment on this Nashville Public Radio program is the second half of the 60-minute show. (He follows the Eclectic Chamber Players who perform during the first 30 minutes.) I keep hearing Darrell Scott's name...so this was a real nice introduction to his music.

WPLN's Live in Studio C

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:56 am

Not sure how or when I first heard of Darrell Scott, it's been about 4 or 5 years now and I only know I'm glad I did. I'm sure it was a song on the radio outta Seattle down at the "left end" of the dial. It was off an album called Theatre of The Unheard and something about Uncle Lloyd.

It was enough. I ordered it straight away and discovered a fine artist and album. I saw him play only once, at the Wintergrass Fest in Tacoma, Wa.
Actually twice, at different venues in the festival. One, the mainstage at the Sheraton Tacoma (host site) and one at a small church down the street. Darrell Scott blew me away that day and night. A long time fan of his suggested I get another of Darrell's releases. The one he did with Tim O' Brien....REAL TIME. Long a fan of Tim O'Brien's music i knew I couldn't go wrong.

Alas, I waited forever it seems to remember to order that CD with Darrell and Tim. When I FINALLY did, whew boy........good good stuff.

Check him out someday if ya have the chance. Don't know what the new stuff sounds like at all......but his website is selling his new one for $10 for 10 days...or sumptin like that. :wink:

He was outstanding live and the hit of that Festival, for me.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:34 pm

I stumbled upon this myspace video of Darrell Scott. He's in the studio singing Simon and Garfunkel's "American Tune." Their are video images added from old footage of many things uniquely American.

Here's the link.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =615719374
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:34 am

Coincidentally, Kenny White performed "an american tune" yesterday during his guest appearance on WUMB's Live at Noon.....and WUMB just re-broadcast yesterday's version a couple minutes ago. What a great song.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:44 pm

Sometimes I am somewhat clueless. When I first heard Darrell Scott sing American Tune on a record of his I own, I just naturally assumed it was his song. See what I mean. Gosh, no wonder I thought he was great.

I only discovered it was a Simon and Garfunkel song last week after sending it to a friend. I guess I grew up a little after the S and G era.
paddy

annieb

Postby annieb » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I am totally on board with Darrell Scott!!

My first experience with him litterally stopped me in my tracks!!

It was "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" just awesome!!

Have yet to see him live, but can't wait to get the chance!

Annie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Annie

Here ya go!!! :D

Darrell Scott ~ You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su06XlGI-w8

same song ~ Mountain Stage ~ July 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69BwNVty ... re=related
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”