Nov. 8 in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Nov. 8 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:13 am

The photo above of Ellis Paul and Vance Gilbert was taken 4 years ago today at the Mucky Duck in Houston. They were touring together in support of their duo CD release Side of the Road. Two days earlier (Nov. 6), at the Blue Door in OKC, Ellis rolled out a new song. He played it for a second time the following night (Nov. 7) at the Cactus Cafe in Austin. At the Mucky Duck, I frantically attempted to transcribe lyrics to the song when Ellis played it twice - once at the early show and once at the late show.

Four years later it is finally being released on The Dragonfly Races. Anyone want to guess the song? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Was it 'nine months to change the world'?????

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Jela, you got it, super sleuth! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Karen...saw the guys on the "side of the road tour" when they stopped in Seattle at a cool lil bar called Tractor Tavern. Ellis talked about the reason he wrote it and then performed it.

Loved it!!! 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

JennyLevE

Postby JennyLevE » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:50 pm

I have heard nothing but great things about the song -- but never have head the actual song. I cannot wait for the CD so that I can finally hear it!
--Jen
“Tell me which part
Is it the CASTLE, or the SAND
That you miss when the TIDE comes along?”
-- Ellis Paul

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”