Kids' music radio shows

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Kids' music radio shows

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 pm

Folks,

I'm compiling a list of kids' music radio shows (that heopefully will be playing songs from The Dragonfly Races.) If you know of any kids music shows in your area (or otherwise) please post them here and I will compare them to the ones already on my list. Contact info, web addresses, times and days of broadcast, etc. would be great. They can be regular FM and AM radio, Internet broadcasts, podcasts or whatever.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:00 am

Noticed on the tour dates page that Ellis has a kid's show planned for World Cafe Live early next year. A Saturday moning series as I recall, and they really turn out for these shows. So, I'm guessing you have all the info you need for the shows on WXPN in PHILLY.

They do have a show that airs nightly for kids, around 7pm, and kids kind of rule the show via calling in to the station and being on air live with the deejay, a wonderful children's programming host. They even do a battle of the bands -- or songs -- kind of thing where each week a winner is carried over from the previous and is challenged by a new kid's song.

Okay, I said it was nightly, maybe it's weekly...I'll have to check.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:15 am

Paddy,

I have Kathy O'Connelll's "Kids' Corner" - broadcast nightly 7-8pm on WXPN and on the web - on the list. It's also broadcast at the same time on 3 other radio stations in the area:

88.1fm WXPH-FM, Harrisburg, PA
104.9fm WXPN-FM, Lehigh Valley, PA
90.5fm WKHS-FM, Worton/Baltimore, MD

Keep it up. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Karen,

Great idea...

I know of WERS Boston, does the Playhouse on Saturday and Sunday nights from 5-8 pm.!!
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

mm

Postby mm » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Patti,
You're right about WERS, but I didn't know if the Playground still existed...I tried to post last night, but the site wouldn't take my message below:
------------------
Karen,
You are SO amazing the things you think of! Will you come to my house and organize my life next, please??? :)

I will forward you any children's stations I can think of. WERS, from Emerson College in Boston, a station already quite friendly to Ellis's music, at least USED to have a few hours of programming on the weekends that was called The Playground, where it was all songs of interest to children. I don't know if they still have the feature, as I haven't heard it in a while.

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:02 pm

Karen Below is from Bill Harley's website. As it says you can see a full list is www.billharley.com/radio.asp

I didn't have a chance to check it out

BILL Harley is a favorite in Massachusetts, he is from Seekonk!! He won his first grammy this year. (He has been nominated a few times)

He is also a founding member of Stone SOup, the coffee house I go to and one that Ellis is playing later this month!!

Bill's favorite radio Programs for Kids
(see our full list at www.billharley.com/radio.asp )

Cow Pie Radio

www.BuckHowdy.com/cowpie-radio.html

Family Groove
www.kfai.org/programs/famgrv.htm

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm

Okay I just hit the link.... there are many many stations listed there Karen..Good Luck...

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:13 am

Hmmm..

The link to Bill Harley isn't working now. It had links to 20-30 kids radio programs all around the country, listed state by state.

Karen I will check later and email them to you.

I did hear the Play House on WERS , Boston last night, so I am sure they will be happy to play some new Ellis music.!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:39 am

Patti,

I do know about The Playground, and started with a list that I found on www.Kidsmusicplanet.com so please don't go to any bother.

KarenZ

care

Postby care » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

the playground is HUGE in the boston area. 88.9, wers.org

and since they have played ellis's "folky" stuff on their other programming i'm sure they'd love to hear dragonfly races.

Return to “Say Something”