Board member signature (sig) files

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Patti

Board member signature (sig) files

Postby Patti » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 pm

Karen,

when did you start using that quote..... I can't believe I just noticed tonight, from some older posts..

That is a great one and so very true.... admiration and envy of any form of art helps the art to live on!!

karen's quote

Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:52 am

Patti....aka Eagle Eye.....I just changed it yesterday. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:06 am

I've long believed there was a fine art to appreciating fine art.

I love this quote, too...and I'm glad you brought attention to it here, Patti. I too only noticed yesterday that Karen was using it as her quote. It is so very true., isn't it? I mean, I know coffee drinkers who can't appreciate the difference between Starbucks coffee and all the rest. Silly as that sounds, it's our own palette (pardon the pun) in a way. The way we can see or hear or taste or feel in our own unique ways, all goes to creating the work of art that is our life.

I used to find comfort in the knowing that while I can't sing a note or carry a tune in a bucket, can't and don't play a musical instrument ( "I play the radio, when asked "do you play?") that there was at the very least the fact that I knew the value in the art in the first place. Yup, I love this quote.

Thanks again, Patti for noticing and taking the time to shine a light on so great a quote.......And to Karen for putting it out there, front and center, for all to ponder...and appreciate. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:23 am

Folks,

I'm editing the subject line of this thread - thinking that we may from time to time want to discuss and/or comment on the sig files of other members.

Glad you all appreciate my new one. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Well Karen I am going to start using your old one!!! It always was a favorite of mine... (As soon as I figure out how!!!)

Not sure if it this would be a sig. file or just a quote but I also like from Thomas Alva Edison (I believe ?)

"I'd rather go through life wishing I hadn't said something than wishing I had."

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Patti,

When logged in, just click on "Profile" at the top of the page. It will take you to your profile where you can change settings - and you'll see a box where you can type in your sig file. In that box you can also enter the code for color, text size, etc.

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Okay...now I'm curious...does Ellis, our very own quotable one, have a signature when he graces the forum from time to time. Who would Ellis likely quote? Regulars at the Martyr's lounge, maybe?

I'm thinking now I might want to change my signature from time to time, so I'm happy to see this thread pop up for future talks on the who, how, and why we choose the quotes we do for our signature files.... :D

update..just checked...EllisPaul, esteemed forum founder, has no signature file at this time. Perhaps a gentle nudge might encourage him. :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”