Take Me To The Bridge - archived audio podcasts

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Take Me To The Bridge - archived audio podcasts

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:17 pm

Just stumbled upon this website through a link at John Gorka's website. It's singer songwriter Ben Wakeman's contribution to digging in a little deeper to this whole music scene thing. There are several archived podcasts of hour long interviews Ben has done with artists like John Gorka and Richard Shindell and others. I'm currently 5 minutes into the first one I wanted to hear, it's with Ellis' good friend Kristian Bush.

The show starts off with Ben singing a little diddy about why he's doing this kind of show (it's really catchy) and then parlays into his sit down interview with good friend, Kristian Bush (formerly of Billy Pilgrim, now Sugarland.)

No surprise really that Ben, in the first 5 minutes talking with Kristian, brings up Ellis Paul. The slant was Ben quoting Ellis who once told him that he had to write 50 to 100 bad songs to get them out of the way so he could tap into the good ones...something like that.

take me to the bridge.....ya gotta love it.

http://takemetothebridge.net/about/
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:51 pm

This is great, thanks for posting this paddy.
"Better to have lived in hope than to never have lived at all!"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:19 pm

You're Welcome, JayceK......I'm listening to the one with John Gorka right now....priceless for fans!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”