Luke Brindley/Brindley Brothers

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Luke Brindley/Brindley Brothers

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu May 31, 2007 2:13 pm

Luke Brindley will be opening the show at WTMD's FIRST THURSDAY summer series, June 7th at 5:00 p.m. in Mt. Vernon Park, Baltimore, MD. Luke Brindley is an accomplished musician and one third of the trio of Brindley Brothers who owns and operates JAMMIN' JAVA, a club in Vienna, VA that has been voted by the readers of the Washington Post as one of the best places in the DC area to listen to live music.

Luke Brindley opened for Ellis Paul at Baldwin's Station in February, 2006, and I believe he and his brother Daniel played with Ellis when Ellis was at Jammin Java in January 2006. Ellis plays Jammin Java several times a year, and will be there next on June 29.

LUKE BRINDLEY/BRINDLEY BROTHERS have released three cd's. Most recently (2007) Luke released his self-titled solo cd. The music is described as "Unabashedly american music performed without regard for fad or fashion." (amplifier)
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 am

WTMD out of Towson, Maryland, has been playing LUKE BRINDLEY daily for the past two weeks, usually mornings and/or mid-day. This means they really like the music. I hope you all will check out the links and check out the music.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:05 am

And Luke and Bill Deasy are friends. Another reason to like him. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:07 am

As if you would need another reason. :wink:

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:19 pm

We really like the Brindley Brothers. We first heard them when they played with Ellis Paul at Jammin Java.
We just got Luke's solo album and we like it just as much as their other two cds.
In addition to the Brindley Brothers shows at Jammin Java (and other venues) Luke is part of the Songwriters Circle (I might have the name wrong) that takes place every month or so at Jammin Java. It is a perfomance where Luke and three of his singer/songwriter friends sit on stage and play their new songs (and some of their favorites). Check it out if you get a chance.
Last month, Luke was joined by Todd Wright, Shane Hines and another songwriter. Not only were they talented but the four of them were quite humorous.

Barbara

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Luke Brindley/Brindley Brothers

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Folks,

I'm passing this along from Luke Brindley:

Paste Magazine is having a contest to play Cayamo (a festival on a boat) with Patty Griffin, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Buddy Miller and more. I made the first round of cuts and the second round is based on votes.

Please vote for me here:

Paste Magazine vote

You might have to click thru a few other artists to get to me. Just make sure you rate me higher!

You can vote once a day for the next two weeks and can use more than one email address (home, work, etc)

Please pass this on! I really appreciate it.

Keep in touch.

Luke Brindley

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Looking for My Friends”