Today (May 21) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (May 21) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Mon May 21, 2007 8:08 am

Folks,

On this date in 1985 Marvin Gaye’s last album Dream of a Lifetime was released. The album featured songs that critics considered too offensive, such as the controversial, pop version of "The Lord’s Prayer". Three of the songs from the album were completed after Gaye’s death. Marvin Gaye was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

Can you name the Ellis Paul song that mentions Marving Gaye? Click HERE for answer.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon May 21, 2007 11:34 am

Folks,

Sorry if seems like I'm Wikipedia obsessed, but.....today I am! :)

Couldn't let today pass without noting that the photo currently at the top of the Ellis Paul Wikipedia article was taken one year ago today! The same night that I first met Richard + Jela - in Twickenham, England. :)

Ellis Paul in Wikipedia

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Mon May 21, 2007 11:55 am

We were reminiscing earlier today and saying how a year ago we were driving to Cheltenham for the concert there after having attended the TwickFolk concert on the Sunday evening - doesn't time fly?

The weather here is just as wet and grey as it was at this time last year!

Jela

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”