celeb sightings

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

celeb sightings

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:16 am

Most folks have at least one story to tell of the time they happened to see a person of celebrity when they were least expecting to. Major or minor celebrities, it's always fun to see them in the real world.

The reason I'm here this morning..... my wife was reading the latest People magazine, came across an article on Sanjaya from American Idol. She asked me to guess where Sanjaya was from. I didn't have a clue. She told me he was from Federal Way. Wait a minute.....get out of town.....that was minutes away from the old house. Small world and all that.

Except that I'm having flashbacks to having coffee at Starbucks next to the Fred Meyers store(a Target like store) and there was this group of cool looking kids that were always hanging out there. One of them was just a tad cooler than the rest....and you couldn't help but notice him.

It was Sanjaya!!! I know it was....it was at least 3 to 4 years ago that I'd see him and his posse which I think included his sister (she also tried out for American Idol but didn't make the cut) hanging out at Starbucks after school...which was closeby.

I thought I'd share that story today. My son's not gonna believe it when I tell him he was there with Sanjaya, too!!!

Hope to hear any stories you feel like sharing.....thanks!

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Sat May 05, 2007 11:43 am

I met Jessica Biel's parents at an Ellis Paul concert, then I met Ellis Paul... The latter was much more exciting. :D
"Better to have lived in hope than to never have lived at all!"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 pm

In the summer of 1986 I walked into the Bejing Hotel as I often did while working in the People's Republic of China.

What was uniquely different about this stroll through the lobby was the rather tall and distinguished looking gentleman standing in front of one of the many huge pillars.

It made perfect sense I'd see him there, as he was in town working on a major motion picture and likely a guest in the hotel.

I forget the name of the movie right now...but I will never forget the day I saw Peter O' Toole in the flesh.....and bigger than life.

Man oh man is he ever tall I thought.

I left him alone.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri May 18, 2007 12:26 pm

I have met quite a few soccer players in airports. Who's surprised? :P

Other than that I have never met a celebrity in an unexpected setting.

:cry:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri May 18, 2007 12:55 pm

...oh Bonnie.....someday, it'll be a doozie, too!!! :shock:

Here's another of mine.....and two more sightings my wife experienced.

1) Not long after the tv show Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman had gone off the air I happened to see one of it's stars at LAX. It was Mary Kay Place and I did say hello to her although it felt pretty strange. One thing that always surprises me is how much taller they appear on tv. She was vertically challenged to say the least.

2) My wife saw Hakeem Olajuwon at The Hotel Galvez in Galveston, Tx. one day when we were on the island and the NBA Houston Rockets were preparing for a return to the playoffs as defending champions. I parked our car right behind a beautiful Silver Mercedes (unoccupied) and told my wife I'd be right back out. I was only gone ten minutes and upon my return to the car, the mercedes was gone. My wife had a big smile on her face and asked me to guess who she had just seen pull away in that car. She will never forget the day Hakeem Olojuwon smiled and waved at her seated in our car as he got into his and pulled away. From that moment on anytime Hakeem would make the sporting news in Houston, and he did often, she would mimic his gentle wave and smile her way that day.

3) My wife was travelling on business a few years ago and happened to be in the same place at the same time as one of America's former hearthrob actors. I can remember a time I wanted to be this guy because he seemed to have a real way with the ladies. Of course that was then, and although he's aged rather gracefully, it was not quite the same for her when she noticed that just across the bar sat none other than Mr. Tony Curtis, who she said was as charming as ever, and ever the flirt.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”