Using BBCode to Enhance Your Posts

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Using BBCode to Enhance Your Posts

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:38 am

Recently some folks have commented that they wished they knew how to change the print in their posts to highlight certain comments, or to make links to external sites. This is actually fairly easily done, with a little practice.

For a tutorial, when you reply to a post, or post a new topic, you will see the emoticons to the left of the text window. Under the emoticons are Options, and the second topic down should say "BBCode is ON." If you click this it will walk you through step-by-step how to bold, italicize, or otherwise changethe print of your text, as well as how to format links and photos.

I actually refer to this frequently, and I usually "Preview" posts in which I've added a link or modified text to see if it looks and works the way I intended. If it doesn't I can edit right there. Sometimes I have to edit several times. You do need to be mindful of your spacing, and, when using multiple tags, order seems important (e.g., I think when using a url command, and color command, the url needs to come first). Trial-and-error is actually a great way to learn.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks for info and the tips Sue Ellen !
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Thanks SueEllen......sure to come in handy as I try to learn this stuff. :)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Say Something”