Damien Rice

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Damien Rice

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:42 am

Damien Rice is in Philadelphia today and will perform a free concert at noon at World Cafe Live, a concert venue at radio station wxpn 88.5 fm.

The downstairs venue holds several hundred folks and has sold out. Well, it's a free show for members...so, I guess "reached capacity" is more exact.

Friday....12/15/06.........12 noon.......EST....Eastern Standard Time.

I think the concerts are usually 30 min in duration.
Here's two links........enjoy!!!

http://www.xpn.org/listen.php

This link is to NPR.org - National Public Radio. They will air it live/archive it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6613632
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:03 pm

I saw this posted over on the Matt Nathanson board too. :D

I have not heard his new stuff yet, but I have been listening to "O" lately. My favorites are "Blower's Daughter" and "Cannonball" The line "come on courage teach me to be shy", gets me everytime.

It is funny the way I discovered him. A singer I was seeing a lot of would always cover a different Damien Rice song in his shows. I liked them so much I had to have the originals!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:13 am

The free at noon show at World Cafe Live was really cool. Damien played 8 songs in little under an hour...though they got stuck on what to play for song #7. The crowd was shouting out requests...and for several minutes Damian was at a loss for what to play. A band member suggested that they had just talked their way thru the song #7 slot. He considered playing "9 crimes" from the new record, almost decided to do it, then said:

"No, it sounds terrible on acoustic guitar." He was at ease and often joked with this audience. He questioned them more than once about why it was they were here watching him play and "not at work". He joked that he was going to be taking notes and physical descriptions and reporting them to their places of work. He mentioned that 5 minutes before coming onstage he was fast asleep on his tour bus. That he'd yet to even brush his teeth, and good thing the folks in radio land didn't have to experience that part of the show.

He played a gig later that night in Philly and from the discussion I read it went really well. Someone had commented how much he sounds like his albums when he sings live. The clarity is the same. I've noticed that too.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”