Today (Nov. 22) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (Nov. 22) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:22 am

Good morning folks,

For years November 22nd was a date that always conjured up sad memories....I was 13 (a very impressionable age!) when John F. Kennedy was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963. It wasn't until 1997 that my feelings/memories about November 22nd changed....it was the date of my second Ellis Paul show! :) Now when I think of November 22nd, I remember waiting in the dark parking lot of the Unitarian Church in Titusville, NJ with my friend Robb....waiting for the doors to open... and seeing Ellis Paul arrive in his little red Honda Civic (who knew?) :) Ellis parked facing us...one or two stalls away. I had only seen Ellis Paul once before - six months earlier (the life changing event was May 22, 1997) ;) - and when he got out of the car and I was able to recognize him I remember screaming "That's Ellis Paul!" :lol: Gosh...but I was crazy then. :wink: Anyway, Jennifer Kimball was supposed to open the show, but she got sick and wasn't able to perform....so a local girl did the opening set...and for the life of me I don't remember her name and didn't write it down! (Shari, I didn't know what an important detail that would be!) :)

Anyway...here's the setlist from that night. Most of these songs I was hearing for the first time. I'll let you guys try to guess what the last number was. I wrote the setlist on the back of my little purple ticket. Still have it, of course. :)

Seize the Day
Did Galileo Pray
Angel in Manhattan
The World Ain’t Slowing Down
The Art of Distance
She Wasn’t Listening (a cappela)
Trolley Car
All Things Being the Same
Paris in a Day
Weightless
Translucent Soul

I have a picture of me with Ellis taken that night - the first! :) The picture is on the side of a little frig that I have in my office. I still have the brown boots and brown vest that I was wearing that night. The boots were new then. I still wear them. ;)

Can you guess what the last/encore number was? It was also sung a cappela.

Click here for answer.

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:26 am

Well, I never would have guessed that...but I see one of my favorites, the Art of Distance. I'd like to hear that live someday.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 am

If memory serves me well......Ellis would often end his shows with the acapella number, oh, what's the title? Strange World? Beautiful World?

I think that's it. That's my guess......Beautiful World
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:18 pm

Good guess, Paddy....but as Oscar the Grouch would say...

Ding dong - you're wrong!

:lol:

(Think earlier.....)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:36 pm

Okay, earlier it is.....I was surprised to learn, at some point in my Ellis Paul education, that Ellis' song "Say Something" was one he often did a capella. I do believe I've seen Ellis close a show with it.

Say Something

Final Answer, Regis. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”