Number of EP shows in a year

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Jalapenos

Number of EP shows in a year

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:07 pm

Out of curiosity, what's your record for number of shows you've attended in a year?
-Katie

shari

Postby shari » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:36 pm

ooooo! I can probably answer that one!!! But I'll let Karen answer....

:-)

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:44 pm

I ask because I finally figured out my number for this past year and I'm pretty impressed with myself. But I'm assuming Karen will kick my ass in this competition! Haha
Anyone else wanna share their numbers?
-Katie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:22 am

Okay...Karen has around 180 shows total....and been seeing Ellis live for close to 10 years...I think. Here's my question:

How could Shari possibly know the answer to Jalapeno's trivia question?

That's knowing you're Ellis Paul trivia!!!

Way to go Shari..... :D
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:57 am

That's a direct result of doing the setlist site.... :-) so I'd have to disqualify myself from that particular arena of trivia...unfair advantage.

You'd be amazed at the things that you learn or inadvertantly become aware of just by sifting through all of that data! It's really been fun....

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:11 pm

Katie,

I hope you don't mind me editing your "Hey Karen" subject line. This way we can open up your question to anybody on the board. I know Miss Sue Ellen has been to quite a few shows this year..... ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

shari

Postby shari » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:44 pm

OK...I'll go first.... :-)

I will end this year (if all goes well) with 13 EP shows, in 5 states:

3 each in MA, NJ and NY
2 in GA
and just one in PA which seems wrong to me because I see alot of music in PA, but that's my count.

I figure I won't hold any records for numbers, but maybe I can if I go for mileage! :-)

I just noticed that EP is playing at Eddie's Attic on Thanksgiving weekend BUMMER man!!! I will be in Georgia ON Thanksgiving but I think I have to come home for the weekend.....maybe I can squeek it up to 14....

Shari

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:55 pm

So this is Ellis only?

I've had a slow year. 6 so far, of all goes well I will end the year with a minimum of 9.

That reminds me, it is time to update my live show spreadsheet. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

shari

Postby shari » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:57 pm

I don't know..... Katie? Is this Ellis only? If not, I have some calculating to do...

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:06 pm

I have this really pretty spreadsheet with all the data from my shows. Of course I'm the only one interested in it. :P
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:42 pm

I saw my first Ellis show November 12, 2005. On November 18 I will see my 17. I've seen shows in Maine, Massachusettes, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia, and will see my 17 in Vermont if there's not some freak snow storm.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 am

Yup, Ellis only.

My number is not nearly as impressive as I thought! I'll be at 10 by December 30th, 2006. Last year's Dec 30th show was my first.

I think my problem is that during my senior year I couldn't afford to travel as far as some other fans. I only went to MA and NH while you guys went to all corners of New England!

We'll see what my total is in December of next year :P
-Katie

Return to “Say Something”