Favorite Ellis song

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

don hodgdon

Postby don hodgdon » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:05 pm

Sue Ellen wrote:So, you going to indulge us with a report and setlist. Pretty please?

Sue Ellen

I'll do my best :)

Four hours till showtime!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:11 pm

Drooling in Pennsylvania. ;) (Can you tell I haven't been to a show in two months? It's a freakin' record....and one I'd rather not have to hold.) :cry:

KarenZ

don hodgdon wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

It's always a special occasion when Ellis visits the Left Coast. Last time he was here it was only announced a few days before the show and there were only about 12 people in the club. After two songs he unplugged his guitar and jumped down from the stage, walking from table to table singing his heart out. Certainly the most "intimate" show I've seen him do.

Don
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

shari

Postby shari » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi Don!

I will ditto the welcomes and please, please, please post the setlist on the setlist project site. :-)

Looking forward to hearing about the show... !

Very glad to have you on the board...

Shari

don hodgdon

Postby don hodgdon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:58 am

Just home from the show and really need to get to bed, but had to let you all know, it was the best show EVER!

Antje Duvekot opened the show. Not only is she beautiful, she sings like an angel. I had never heard her music before and will be picking up her cds to explore it further.

Ellis was ON tonight. I don't think I've heard him in better voice. He seemed very relaxed and prefaced every song with some great stories and little vignettes of life on the road.

I'll post the set list to the new site...

Night all!

Don...sleepy and happy in SB

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:34 am

Don, Welcome Aboard, glad to have someone like you to " rep - re - sent " for us out on the West Coast. Your avatar puts me in California straight away, nice snap. Maybe high desert above LA. ???

California is so big and beautiful it coule be almost anywhere. I noticed you list photography as an occupation. Hoping we might see some photos of Ellis and Antje from Soho in Santa Barbara. :D

Thanks for stopping by "officially" , signing on and jumping right in.

It's a pleasure to have you on board.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:12 am

Don,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I got the post and will load it into the database!

Glad it was such a great time!!!

Shari

don hodgdon

Postby don hodgdon » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:57 pm

paddyinthepub wrote:Don, Welcome Aboard, glad to have someone like you to " rep - re - sent " for us out on the West Coast. Your avatar puts me in California straight away, nice snap. Maybe high desert above LA. ???

California is so big and beautiful it coule be almost anywhere. I noticed you list photography as an occupation. Hoping we might see some photos of Ellis and Antje from Soho in Santa Barbara. :D

Thanks Paddy. The avatar pic is of my recently restored Volvo Turbo in front of an abandoned burger joint on Hwy 166, east of Santa Maria, near New Cuyama, CA. Who would restore an '81 Volvo 242 Turbo you ask? Long story...

Unfortunately I did not shoot any pics last night. Photography is my profession and when I'm out having dinner with a beautiful woman and listening to great music, the last thing I want to be doing is work. Besides, as an ex touring musician, I find photographers a bit invasive in an intimate setting such as Soho. I promise that next time Ellis comes out this way, I'll get some shots for the site (after I clear it with him first).

All the best,

Don

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 am

Don...thanks for the tease on the volvo restoration....long story....aren't they all. Have my share of old cars that found "new life" when most might say "why?"

On the subject of photos...understandable...on all fronts.

Look forward to seeing future photos of Ellis Out West.

Who's gonna score the first one of Ellis in that new Black Western Shirt?

Could it be the TMIO in Provo?

It could be. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:43 am

If it's that suede shirt from Natick, I've got it - I just need to get the pics off my camera..... Easier said than done.
Jeff

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”