Ru Paul

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ru Paul

Postby KarenZ » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:04 am

I wasn't sure where to post this, but it was too funny to pass up. I just got an exclusive invitation to attend a Ru Paul show in Orlando, Florida. Only $39.95 for two nights at the Parliament House and two tickets to see Ru! I guess someone got their Pauls crossed. Anybody interested? I'd be happy to forward the e-mail. :lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:03 am

Something got crossed.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:44 am

Sue Ellen wrote:Something got crossed.

Sue Ellen

:lol:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

care

RuPaul

Postby care » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:24 pm

so i logged in per usual and saw that there was a new posting - man did my head spin when i saw "RuPaul" listed in the "Looking for my Friends" category. I did get a good laugh over that one.
Thanks- i needed that.

~care :P :D

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:26 am

Sashay, shante

shante, shante, SHANTE

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:29 am

Ummm.....does this mean we have a Ru Paul fan in our midst? :lol:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:38 am

erm... NO! Just reliving old childhood (highschool) idiosyncracies...

But you know you're just dying to say "You better work it!"
:lol:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:43 am

What I'm dying to say is that your avatar makes me smile. :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:37 pm

I wonder if there is a family portrait somewhere? You know, Les, Ru, Sean, and Ellis Paul. THAT would be something to see. I'll have to do some looking around.

Sue Ellen

for you old folkies out there who probably would never demean yourselves by watching something like MTV: Younger brother Sean Paul (who got da right tempature to shelter you from da storm...) is a rap/pop star; very popular, I think he's opening for Mariah Carey (oh, please I hope you all have heard of her) on her current Emancipation of Mimi tour.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Return to “Looking for My Friends”