2006 World Cup

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:07 pm

So basically he fell for a "Yo' Mama" crack? I stand by my opinion that the Italian did his job perfectly. He rattled a great player enough that he got himself in trouble. Say whatever about the Italian, Zizou is the one responsible for his own ejection.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:44 pm

We got David Beckham, we got David Beckham. La la la la la. We got David Beckham. :lol:

Becks just agreed to a 250 million dollar 5 year contract with the LA Galaxy of MLS. :mrgreen:

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:22 pm

He'll be paid five and a half times more than any of his team mates. I hope they don't say "Since you're so great, do it (by) yourself."

But as Becks, says "It's not about the money." Really? That's grand; maybe he can send a little my way since it's not so important to him.

Who's coming to America next?
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:32 pm

I'm more looking forward to him putting the current prima donna Landon Donovan in his place. :P

I think that 5x is probably low. I think he gets 50 mil per year and the highest played players make 400,000 not counting endorsements.

First year players can make as little as 16,000. Yes, that's sixteen hundred. :shock:

Return to “Say Something”