Gravity Lounge Residency Series

Questions for Ellis.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Gravity Lounge Residency Series

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:04 am

Ellis...so what exactly is the Residency Series at the Gravity Lounge?

Inquiring minds and all that. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:37 am

Been wondering that very thing ever since I saw it on the tour dates and I'm glad someone had the good sense to ask.

It sounds so cool, right?

Perhaps it was a way to appease Ellis' parents?

"Looky here, I'm doing my residency at last". :P

Besides Ellis answering this one, I hope to hear from others who make some of these shows. Over in the right thread, of course. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:03 pm

Ellis,

I hope you enjoy your travel free month and remember, we on the road will be missing you!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

EllisPaul
Site Admin

Postby EllisPaul » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey yous guys...

The residency series is one where I appear at the club for consecutive weeks at a very low ticket price, and try to build each show's numbers in order to build an audience in a town where few people know who I am...

So... this Friday is the next one, we'll do different set list, and hopefully the people who came last week will come out again with new friends...

the price was only $5.

Haven't played for that price in years... maybe ever, come to think of it...

the first show was a surprise attendance-wise, I am hoping the last one will be packed, becaise the dreamsisicles are doing the show with me, and they have a decent audience here, and then I will try to et some good openers in the area whenever I can...

thanks fer askin'
EP

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:01 pm

Yous guys :?: That's so Pittsburgh :!: Next thing you know...you'll be rooting for dem Picksburg Stillers! :lol:

All I can say is....I want a Residency Series in Belle Vernon, PA....and I want one NOW! :lol:

Veruca

EllisPaul wrote:Hey yous guys...

The residency series is one where I appear at the club for consecutive weeks at a very low ticket price, and try to build each show's numbers in order to build an audience in a town where few people know who I am...

So... this Friday is the next one, we'll do different set list, and hopefully the people who came last week will come out again with new friends...

the price was only $5.

Haven't played for that price in years... maybe ever, come to think of it...

the first show was a surprise attendance-wise, I am hoping the last one will be packed, becaise the dreamsisicles are doing the show with me, and they have a decent audience here, and then I will try to et some good openers in the area whenever I can...

thanks fer askin'
EP
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:32 pm

Yinz guys hold - ELLISPAULOOZA - in DOHN - TAHN Picksburg and I am gonna take the advice given by a number of famous folks from yesteryear.

HEAD WEST YOUNG MAN...!!!

I hope that the surprise attendance comment Ellis made was a good surprise rather than the alternative. I, myself, find it hard to believe that Ellis would ever have to find an audience, thus starting over as the new kid on the block, though that could be fun for him as well.

And as far as the ticket price mentioned - $5 - wow......that's like giving folks like me $15 upfront to put in the gas tank and head south for one of these residency shows. Thanks Ellis.

ssshhh.....don't anybody out here on the forum tell Ellis how much we'd be willing to pay for a ticket to get to see him do what he does so well.

Let's keep it our little secret. :wink:
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:31 am

Hey Ellis, I hope you had a good turnout for your second in a series show at Gravity Lounge. I'm hoping we'll get a fan who was at the show tonite to post a few words over in the 3000 miles section of the board.

In the event that doesn't happen, and you have the time, and feel up to it, we'd really love to hear how the evening went for all yous guys. :wink:

Plus, you said the setlists would change each show. I'm thinking it would be too tempting not to play "Weightless" at a place called The Gravity Lounge.

But that's just me. :D
paddy

Return to “Clarity”