A couple unknown songs??

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

JayceK

A couple unknown songs??

Postby JayceK » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:24 pm

On the 3000 Miles DVD theres a great sounding song that has the line "I broke your heart you broke the dinner dishes" in it. Was that song ever completed? If so where is it/what cd is it on (there are only a couple I don't own).
Secondly, during the mic check at Summerbreeze in Norman Ellis sang a song involving a "one eyed barber" and some other stuff. I don't even know if it was his song it just seemed really fun and there's probably some inside joke that goes with it because ellis was laughing as he sang it (I'm looking at you Karen). So if anybody knows please fill me in. THANKS!
"Better to have lived in hope than to never have lived at all!"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:42 pm

This is almost a cross posting coincidence.......

I was thinkin about that song a few minutes ago when posting about The DVD 3000 miles.

Ellis is at Kristian's place I think and they are trading small versions of new songs they are working on at the time. Kristian cracks up and encourages Ellis by saying : You've got to finish that one.

And Ellis says he will.

Great question JayceK, I'll be on the lookout for that song forever.

If I have too. :wink:

Hopefully not. :P
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

wendy

Postby wendy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:52 pm

Oooh, the "one eyed barber" song is probably the Sam Baker song he's just started playing called Things Change. I think the barber there has lost his nose, however.

Is it possible the other one is "Rattle My Cage"?
(which will forever make me laugh after seeing it done in sign language by someone who didn't know the song in advance.... the looks, gestures, and Ellis's expressions as he watched were absolutely priceless :D )
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:05 pm

My life has forever had sign language in it since two of my oldest brothers were born with moderate to severe hearing loss. I'm so very often in awe of this mode of communication. While I could easily speak to my brothers in our very own slang form of familial and loose sign language, I could get lost in no time speaking to their friends who I dared ask a question of in sign language. It would be like learning a little French from a handbook whilst attempting to do Paris in a day...... :roll: It's a frustrating thing.

I can only imagine the hysteria on the interpreter's part and the hysterical nature of being in attendance and watching it unfold.

I'm sure it's one of those "You had to be there" kind of moments.

And I wish I had...... :D I am grateful knowing that Ellis' music was at least partially shared with folks who otherwise wouldn't have a clue what we've all known for so long.

Thanks for sharing that with us. :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:21 pm

Jayce,

Wendy is right. The song Ellis did during the Summer Breeze soundcheck was "change" by Sam Baker and the line you are partially remembering is "a barber with no nose". :)

The song with the line about broken dishes sounds like Ellis' song "everything's broken" but it's not on the DVD. The line is "watch china break up in mid-air". Could that be it? It's never been recorded. :(

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

JayceK

Postby JayceK » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Sorry it took me so long to respond to my own topic.

Yea its a barber with no NOSE thank you for the correction guys (gimme a break it's been almost a month :oops: ).. I knew he was missing something though hehe. I will be heading over so Sam Baker's site shortly. As for the other one, it's on the DVD as paddy described and I know the line is "I broke you're heart you broke the dinner dishes." Unless that song evolved into something else but it sounded so good. That one may remain a mystery at least until Ellis checks up on the board.
"Better to have lived in hope than to never have lived at all!"

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”