Nils Lofgren

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Nils Lofgren

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:57 pm

Last night a friend took me to hear Nils Lofgren at the Ramshead in Annapolis, one of my favorite places to hear music, unless of course you get seated in the Timonium section.

I was absolutely blown away by his talent and his presence. His guitar skills are unbelieveable, his voice is beautiful, and his lyrics compelling.

If you get an opportunity, take advantage of it and see him live.
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:22 pm

Sue Ellen - howdy - I had the good fotune growing up to have a core group of friends who had the good fortune of Having older brothers and sisters who were clued in to all kinds of great music. By osmosis, we ALL had a clue.

Nils Lofgren was one of them, liked his solo stuff and even saw him in Concert once WAY BACK IN THE DAY.....LATE 70'S I'm thinking.

I was tickled when years later he joined Bruce and The E Street Band. So I've seen him mostly in that mode since. Great, great guitar player.

On a DVD I have of Bruce and Co. LIVE IN NYC I think it is....NIL'S voice is revealed on a song that several of them take turns on:

If I Should Fall Behind

A uniquely gifted player and voice to be sure.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:54 am

We too saw him live in a solo concert many years ago - he was so energetic! Have also seen him as part of the E-Street Band with Bruce Springsteen as we have more or less seen Bruce on every UK visit since the 1980's.

There was also a good radio interview with Nils Lofgren a couple months back and he was really interesting to listen to and I was amazed that he hadn't got a record deal so was putting out his own material direct via his website.

Jela

Return to “Looking for My Friends”