Dec. 1 in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Dec. 1 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:53 pm

This picture was taken at the Club Cafe in Pittsburgh on Dec. 1, 2005. OMGosh! Five years ago, already? :shock:

Anyway....it's one of my favorite pictures of me and The Man. Love the whole blue-thing going on...... :-)

I gave him something that night......and, although it was probably an exaggeration, he said it was the nicest thing anyone had ever given him. Any guesses what *it* may have been? Here's your clue: think CliffNotes. :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Re: Dec. 1 in EP Music History Trivia

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Seems more like 5 weeks ago we first saw this photo. :shock:

It looks as though Ellis has 2 copies of his book "Notes From the Road" in his hand in the photo so although my first inclination would be to guess it's Ellis' own book that you gave him, but that hardly makes sense. Unless, of course, the books were shipped to the mid-atlantic office of EP Central. :P

So while I'd like to guess Notes From the Road, I won't.

How about Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild" :?:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 am

Did you give him a book with all his song lyrics in?

I know that you wrote them all out but in my mind I didn't think that it was as long ago as five years but that is the only thing I can think of that fits the bill.

Oh and I had another 'lost in translation' moment I had to look up CliffNotes (never heard of them!)

Jela

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:12 am

I had the right author in mind but the wrong book title. What I meant to say, given the cliff notes clue, was "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. Not that it really matters much now that I've read Jela's guess of the Lyrics book. That has simply got to be the correct answer. On the point of Not having heard of "cliff notes" til yesterday :shock: I guess it might just be the the difference between studies here and there. We Americans have garnered shorter and shorter attention spans over the last 50 years I suppose expecting us to hold onto great literature can only be attained with summaries of the finer points by way of cliff notes. Saves us from losing too much tv time, I suppose. :oops:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:54 am

Jela (and Paddy),

You are both cracking me up this morning! :)

Yes, Jela, it was indeed the song lyrics bible. 8)

So, Jela, now that you know what CliffNotes are, what is the English version of that????

KarenZ

Richard + Jela wrote:Did you give him a book with all his song lyrics in?

I know that you wrote them all out but in my mind I didn't think that it was as long ago as five years but that is the only thing I can think of that fits the bill.

Oh and I had another 'lost in translation' moment I had to look up CliffNotes (never heard of them!)

Jela
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 am

I think an equivalent might be "insert title" for Dummies. Not really sure though.

There's Shakespeare for Dummies; Dickens for Dummies; Physics for Dummies and so on..............

"Song Lyrics for Dummies??????" Ha Ha

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Let's all chip in and get Ellis Paul Ellis Paul for Dummies :P
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Happy Anniversary to a great picture :D
Jeff

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 am

Well said PP. :)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am

Gosh....I had forgotten that I had posted this as a trivia question. I've forgotten most of them, I fear!). Thanks for the reminder PP and Jela. :-)

SueEllen is taking me out for my birthday tonight. I think I'll wear that blue top! :-)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Where are you girls going for your birthday Karen? Have a wonderful time wherever you go :D

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Jela,

We went to the Point Brugge Cafe in the Point Breeze neighborhood of Pittsburgh. It has become one of our favorite places to eat. We had moules (mussels) and Belgium frites as an appetizer then both decided on the duck special that was served with a cranberry and walnut risotto and asparagus. They have a huge selection of Belgium beers that the beer connoisseur (not me!) enjoys. :-) If you don't get there early enough (and we didn't), there's always a long wait....but it's worth it! :-)

Sue Ellen had leftover duck for breakfast. I am NOT kidding! :-)

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Sounds delish!!! Making me hungry..........soon be dinner time :D

Jela

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”