Godfrey Daniels - Bethlehem, PA - Nov. 19, 2010

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Alex13F

Godfrey Daniels - Bethlehem, PA - Nov. 19, 2010

Postby Alex13F » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 am

Are there any details about this show yet? I've never been to any music shows or venues before and am incredibly excited to see Mr. Paul.

I guess the show starts at 8 but that's all I know. I don't know how big Godfrey Daniels is or when I should show up or anything.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Godfrey Daniels - Bethlehem, PA - Nov. 19, 2010

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:56 am

Alex,

I just looked at the venue website linked HERE and don't see an opener listed....although it's possible there might be one. Godfrey Daniels is a rectangular-shaped room. The once or twice I have been there, as I recall, there was one row of small tables closest to the stage, then maybe 3 or 4 rows of chairs behind the tables. Maybe 20 chairs in a row. So I'd estimate that the room holds ~80. Out front is a small room where you can purchase cookies/brownies and coffee/soft drinks. One thing I remember is that the sound in the room was fabulous. You're in for a treat! Please report back about your first live show! How exciting! :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I decided at the last minute to go to this show. Haven't been there since April 2005. Forgot how terrrific the sound system is there. The vocals came across so clean and crisp.

The setlist:

rose tattoo
the only way
lights of vegas
hurricane angel
dragonfly
Happy Birthday to Robyn (Robyn presented with a birthday cake!)
3000 miles
annalee
jukebox on my grave
alice's champagne palace
the heckler
the world ain't slowing down
once upon a summertime
calendar man
take all the sky you need
cotton's burning
home
walking after midnight/change
Encore:
the night hank williams came to town

Quite a few persons came up to the merch table asking about songs found on American Jukebox Fables....they seemed to strike a chord for whatever reason....

Pictures later! :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Alex13F

Postby Alex13F » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:49 am

What a great show. I wish I had known it was you standing there with Mr. Paul and I when I spoke to him while the opener was performing and then sitting next to me writing the setlist. I would have said hello. Another time maybe.

At any rate, I'm glad we were both able to enjoy it. You're right, the sound was incredible.

Return to “3000 Miles”