Ellis Paul video contest! Enter by July 30, 2010!

Announcements from Ellis Paul Management.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Ellis Paul video contest! Enter by July 30, 2010!

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Folks,

In case you didn't see this annoucement in the last Ellis Paul newsletter, here's a link to information about the Ellis Paul video contest which will award a top prize of $1000. Please pass this link on to friends and/or post it at will! Thanks for helping spread the word. :)

Ellis Paul video contest

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Ellis Paul video contest! Enter by July 30, 2010!

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:35 am

Folks,

To date, three videos have been submitted to the Ellis Paul Video Contest. Please view the three videos at the YouTube link below and leave some comments there to let EP Management know what you think. I would also appreciate if you posted here on the board as well.

My favorite submission is the video of "Dragonfly". :-)

Ellis Paul Video Contest submissions

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Karen, this really has been surprisingly slow a response to The Prize of a thousand dollars for the best video for a song on the new record. I think the contest deadline should be extended to allow more entries, surely the more the merrier, and who knows what might be coming soon. I did see a couple of new videos just this morning out on youtube.

The Day After Everything Changed

Sometime, Someplace

8)

Here's a bonus to help stoke the creativity fires.....

Ellis Paul My Gold Mine
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:21 am

Paddy,

Thnaks for the heads-up about the other two videos. As far as the small number of submissions, my feeling is that it makes the judging easier! :) There's still almost a week until the deadline, so there may be more forthcoming. Better to have quality rather than quantity in this instance. :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Here's another fan generated video:

River Road
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Seven videos have now been submitted to the contest and include a second "River Road" submission and a submission for "Anna Lee".

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:23 am

Eight videos have now been submitted to the contest - another entry for "Dragonfly" has appeared. Have any of you watched any of these? If so, what do you think? My favorite remains the first "Dragonfly" video - the one uploaded by TheJrt9999.

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:26 am

I've watched the submissions and like the same 'Dragonfly' one as you Karen. I also like Bouncing Ball's 'Heaven's Wherever You Are'

Congrats to all the people who submit - it's not easy.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:54 am

Jela,

You'll be pleased to know there's been a submission for "Paper Dolls". 8)

Ellis Paul video contest entry for "Paper Dolls"

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 am

Yes I saw that video but liked the other two I mentioned, more.

I do love that song though.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:34 am

Me too. :-)

KarenZ
Richard + Jela wrote:Yes I saw that video but liked the other two I mentioned, more.

Jela

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Finally watched them all. What a creative bunch!

I really like the Dragonfly you have mentioned, as well as the Heaven's Wherever You Are (with the Go Dusty Go T-shirt!).

Was the kid in TDAEC video old enough to drink? HA!

The last River Road video with the captions had me laughing out loud!

Can't wait to hear who wins!

MonicaR.

Greens6

Postby Greens6 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:27 pm

We entered our video today! Take a look!

My favorite part - which is really only for true Ellis fans - is at the 3:40 mark, when my oldest does the Ellis Paul TDAEC leap (but not into a lake, and not with a real guitar).

I've loved watching all these videos. What a fun idea!

Cheers,
Sonia

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Sonia,

Love it! Couldn't keep the grin off my face! What a photogenic family! :D

Good luck!

KarenZ

john1977

Postby john1977 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Hey gang...

what awesome videos! it's been fun watching all the different interpretations of the songs...

as for me, i'm cutting it close...i've been working on my video for "paper dolls" all month and it's uploading now! hopefully the entry will still be accepted this late...it's still the 30th!

hope all is well...

john

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Looks like there are two or three last-day entries! Just watched a video for "The Day After Everything Changed"! John, I didn't find your "Paper Dolls" video - yet. I guess it takes a while to be "searchable". I look forward to seeing it! :)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 am

I wish I had the time, patience, and talent to get this creative. Amazing videos submitted thus far so just great job all around everyone.

I found the video that gets my vote. It's a late entry, I think, and one of my many favorites on The Day After Everything Changed:

Waking Up to Me
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:15 am

Paddy, I like that one too! The last-day entries are definitely all contenders! :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Another entry! This one for "once upon a summertime". I like it alot....And WoodyFest gets some promotion! 8)

Once Upon a Summertime

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:16 pm

I have to say I like it too, can I cast two votes? :wink:
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:24 am

Wow.....what a whirlwind of submissions over the weekend and just before the deadline! 8) Fourteen videos have now been submitted!

Great fun watching them all! Good luck to all the entrants! :)

Paddy, you can vote for as many as you like. ;-)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 am

Folks,

In case you don't receive the Ellis Paul Newsletter, yesterday's newsletter announced that the video contest deadline has been extended to August 15. 8)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:32 am

Another submission! 8)

The Lights of Vegas

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:27 am

I think that the 'Lights of Vegas' entry is my favourite so far.

Jela

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 am

I need to go back and re-watch a couple - but I would agree with you Jela right now. Nice job on Vegas !
Jeff

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 pm

Watched and listened to another recent submission

Signing Sweetie and she is very sweet indeed.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Sixteen videos have now been submitted! Looks like the last one submitted before the August 15 deadline was for "Rose Tattoo".

Hope we hear who the winner(s) are soon!

KarenZ

Return to “Call Out the Paparazzi!”