The Day After Everything Changed is TODAY!

Discuss ways to get the word out!
Ellis

The Day After Everything Changed is TODAY!

Postby Ellis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm

Hey!
Thank you guys for plotting the world take over.

This is truly a community effort, from top to bottom. Geez, I didnt even write all the songs by myself this time!

In keeping with that theme, we still need you! We need you to make noise.

On blogs, on Amazon, on itunes, on other songwriter websites and blogs, and files on songwriters... Everywhere there is a place to leave some sort of graffitti declaring the album's magical elixir-like qualities, PLEASE DO!!

We'll help by providing some guidance and hints.

The radio push starts in February, which will take alot of assistance and work as well. Praising radio stations that play it. Requesting it at stations who are spinning it, and inquiring to those who don't... we'll help ya there too...

The one standout part of my music has been the organization of the community around this discussion board (thanks Karen! xoxoxo). Some of the threads on this board are into the tens of thousands, and none of them contain Brittany Spears name in the header! Its an important place to rant and talk and unite, and thank you for being so active and thoughtful. We feel like we are helping to pioneer how future artists will approach marketing their work. We want to set an example, and set the bar high. That's where you come in!

Play the record for friends who you think will get it. It's not for everyone. But, we think this is a recording that has some strong, viable mass appeal, in the way old pop recordings did in the seventies. Story songs, honest production, consistent folk pop. The kind of people that like the Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Jame Taylor may appreciate this. As well as people that just love songs.

now lets go kick some butt...
Ellis

monicar

Re: The Day After Everything Changed is TODAY!

Postby monicar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:39 am

Puttin' on my high heel, butt kicking boots just for you, Ellis! :lol:

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 am

YAY! He's baaaaaack! :-)

I'm dressing this morning in party dress and combat boots (Jela's outfit, sorry)....ready for the charge! :D

KarenZ

Ellis wrote:now lets go kick some butt...
Ellis
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Grace

Postby Grace » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:59 pm

With the combination of Ellis' non-stop tour schedule, loyal fans, and 15 exceptionally good songs, it's going to be a huge success!

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 pm

He's 34 and drinkin in a honky tonk
Just kickin hippies asses and raisin hell
Ray Wylie Hubbard

Here's Ol' Scamp Walker

Red Neck Mother
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

For those interested, here's a summary for January 2010 airplay from the FolkRadio DJ list. Not-too-shabby showing for Mr. Paul. :)

Folk Radio - January 2010

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 pm

YEE HAW! Mr. Paul has shot up to #3 on the FolkRadio DJ list for February:

Folk Radio - February 2010

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Not sure how we missed this YouTube video....

The Design of The Day After Everything Changed

KarenZ

marsha

Postby marsha » Wed May 05, 2010 10:48 am

TODAY is a good day. Sitting in my cubicle (ugh!) is the down side. Listening to Ellis Paul on my MP3 is making it a good day!!

Enjoyed Mr. Paul at the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, St. Augustine, FL last weekend and am spreading the music with the 2 CDs I bought. They will be birthday gifts for my 2 BFFs, who don't know Ellis yet but will very soon!

Always, Ellis, THANK YOU for the pleasure of your music.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed May 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Welcome Aboard the Ellis Paul DB, Marsha!!! 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

danaj

Postby danaj » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

I use my Blackberry as my MP3 player- and I have been listening to The Day After Everything Changed almost non-stop since I downloaded it. And I have it on my player at work, because nothing makes a day full of grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: insurance companies better than hearing the opening notes of Annalee or River Road... :D And? I share every chance I get. :mrgreen:
“Life has got a habit of not standing hitched. You got to ride it like you find it. You got to change with it. If a day goes by that don't change some of your old notions for new ones, that is just about like trying to milk a dead cow.” -Woody Guthrie

Return to “Spread the News”