YouTube video - "Blacktop Train"

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

shari

YouTube video - "Blacktop Train"

Postby shari » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:57 pm

I found this by accident while surfing this evening....

This one is Ellis (Black Top Train):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KuC590Ot9M

This one is Antje (Dandelion):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKnTpRvdQJI

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:55 am

Holy Moly! What a find! I love it! :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:28 am

Thanks Shari...now that is a hec of a first post......providing us all with a glimpse of the video we have all been waiting forever to see: Antje Duvekot singing Dandelion at Passim... :lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:29 am

WOW!!!

:shock: Karen - more info please!!!!! :shock:
Thanks for the amazing find, Shari!!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:47 am

As Sgt. Schultz would say.....I know NOTHING :!: :!:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

shari

Postby shari » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:53 am

I found the Antje video listed on her site and then I *had* to go searching for ellis (of course!)... our jaws dropped when we saw the Black Top Train video. We wondered where that went to...

This is my first post on this board. I posted occassionally on the previous board. I am mostly a "lurker" though...

Is anyone going to see Antje on the 12th at the Tin Angel? I may take a small road trip for that...

Hope everyone is well!

Shari

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:10 am

I can't stop watching this video! :lol:

KarenZ

shari

Postby shari » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 am

This is kind of fun!

Here is a link to a student video project. She decided to make a music video of The World Ain't Slowing down....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-4u950xTmU

I like her closing thoughts....

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 am

Shari......you go girl!!!

Hope to make Tin Angel for my 2nd date with Antje Duvekot. :wink:

Heads up...it's an xpn presents so the tix may go faster than ususal.

Don't know the occupancy but is it ever intimate....another :wink:

Perhaps I'll see you there with an EP Lapel Pin.....if I ever get one that is. :D
paddy

shari

Postby shari » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:32 am

Last one...

Here is a link to a tribute to River Phoenix that uses ellis' song River. This is actually an excellent video. Remember to watch to the very end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6tilhW-IcM

Have a good day everyone...

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:32 am

How sweet! The student's video is definitely better than seeing Jim Carrey with flies stuck all over his face. :lol:

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:43 am

Low speed wifi connection will keep me from truly enjoying these right now but I have the jist...how very very cool these homespun videos are and will be back to comment in depth once I can view entirely.

Shari, thanks again and welcome to the new place. Hope you'll stick around. Talk about an impact filled first post. Holy cow is right. :wink:
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:28 am

Antje on the 12th at the Tin Angel? ...a quote by shari above

Shari, it's now official...I just ordered my tix to see Antje at Tin Angel, so the answer to your ? is : ya mo be there :D

Just a reminder - Reserved tables for dinner downstairs before the show is best chance to have reserved table upstairs for the show. Let us know if you're going and we'll be sure to say hello.

Antje performs at the Philadelphia Folk Fest - August 19

Also on the bill that weekend - Jackson Browne :shock:
paddy

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:29 pm

Oh boy, this is exciting :P Ellis is so handsome. I'll have to put one of the videos on my Myspace page. But how will I pick?
I tried really hard to pause Blacktop Train to read the signs but it was impossible. The highway looks very New England.
-Katie

shari

Postby shari » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:18 pm

Paddy,

Not sure yet, but it's looking good for the 12th. Thanks for the heads up on the xpn bit. I'll let you know when I am official.

I always have dinner at Serrano before a show...

I will figure out a secret way for you to recognize me. :-)

Shari

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:43 am

Shari, these are great! Thanks so much for tracking them down and sharing them with us! (Gotta love starting the work day with EP both audio and visual... :lol: )
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:53 am

Yay! Wendy's back! :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:00 am

I just got a chance to look at these videos; "River" made me really sad; the song always makes me sad anyway, but I thought the video was really well done. What a loss of talent. Very, very sad.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:29 am

Ha! Thanks Karen :lol: It's good to be back!
-wendy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:58 am

Lives lost because of drug use is always sad....but what a terrific song and I thought the video was really well done too.....especially with the little scenes from River's movies interspersed throughout....

I can remember putting "River" on repeat in my car and listening to it over and over again....and doing the Patty G harmony really really loud. :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen wrote:I just got a chance to look at these videos; "River" made me really sad; the song always makes me sad anyway, but I thought the video was really well done. What a loss of talent. Very, very sad.

Sue Ellen

barb62

Postby barb62 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:26 am

Thank you so much for finding this video! Ellis told me it wasn't going to happen - so I'm elated! What a fantastic find!

barb62

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:58 am

barb62 wrote:Thank you so much for finding this video! Ellis told me it wasn't going to happen - so I'm elated! What a fantastic find!

barb62

I'm curious......was this the version of the video Ellis was not thrilled with and therefore decided to can?

So, this is something of a bootleg video, right? :wink:
paddy

folkster

Ellis Paul Black Top Train video

Postby folkster » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:46 am

Hey guys, I'm the one who shot and edited this video. I'm glad you're liking it. Decided to post it on YouTube when I saw how much Antje's video (which I also did) was getting play.

Thanks for the positive comments. I hope Ellis wasn't too dissapointed by it...I'm gathering by your comments there were some reservations - but they can't all be perfect. We had a limited budget to work with...

David Bigelow
Director/Editor
http://homepage.mac.com/dbigelow

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”