Ellis playing at Chiles

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

Gussie

Ellis playing at Chiles

Postby Gussie » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:48 pm

Hello everybody,

I just got home from dinner with my sister at Chile's in Bowie, MD, we were in the middle of dinner when my sister said, isn't this Ellis over the sound system and sure enough Blacktop Train was playing and you could hear that amazing voice throughout Chile's. I don't know where they were getting their music but I just wanted somebody to know that we heard him tonight. Let me know if anybody else has heard this, maybe it's really old news to most of you.

Gussie

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:36 am

Great find there Gussi and thanks for takin the time to tell us about it. It's nice to hear those kinds of stories. Was that restaurant you were in called CHILI's - as in no place else like CHILI's..?

If it was perhaps that song might be playing all over the country in CHILI's everywhere. That would be a coup for spreading the word about Ellis.

Or perhaps it was as you said, a place called CHILE's - sounds like Julia Childs?

At any rate, thanks again for sharing. I think I'd freak if I heard that song being played at Chili's. Not that it's a benchmark or anything, I just would be caught way off guard.

I have not heard this anywhere........guys/gals?
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:18 am

Hi Gussie,

Nice to see you as our newest memeber of the board! Thanks for giving us the Chili's "Ellis alert". :) Now if we could only get Ellis Paul songs played over the PA at Panera, I'd be a very happy camper. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Gussie

Chile's

Postby Gussie » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:46 am

Hello all,

It was indeed the Restaurant chain Chile's so it could be playing in Chile's across America. I asked the hostess but she didn't know and the manager wasn't available at that moment. But maybe I'll try to call the manager today and try to find out where they get their music from. If I find out anything I'll let you all know. And thanks for being so welcoming of the new member. I actually signed up so I could tell somebody that would care about hearing Ellis.

Gussie

mm

Postby mm » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:47 am

Bowie MD is where I grew up!!! Do you live in Bowie, Gussie? Now I'm up in New England.
Small world.

Welcome to the board.
Last edited by mm on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Chile's

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:49 am

We care! We care! :lol:

KarenZ

Gussie wrote:And thanks for being so welcoming of the new member. I actually signed up so I could tell somebody that would care about hearing Ellis.

Gussie
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Thanks for the post, and (in the spirit of Blacktop Train) welcome aboard!

:lol:

~Lauren

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 pm

Didn't someone else hear him in Friday's or Bugaboo Creek or some place that has good steak? :P I feel like someone posted about it a few months ago.
I think if I heard him at any public place I would be compelled to ask the people around me to listen. Introduce them to my musical obsession. Hehe. Nudge someone's elbow and say, "Excuse me, but isn't this song just amazing? Listen for a minute."
-Katie

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”