(Movie) The Secret Life of Bees

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

(Movie) The Secret Life of Bees

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Folks,

I went to see The Secret Life of Bees the day it opened last weekend. If you liked the book, you'll enjoy the movie which is very authentic to the book. Queen Latifah and Alicia Keyes have major roles and were surprisingly good. Lots of good music too. Definitely a feel-good movie, which is just the way I like 'em. :)

The Secret Life of Bees

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Richard + Jela

Re: (Movie) The Secret Life of Bees

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:05 pm

I actually bought this book in Bennington, Vermont when we came over in August for the shows and loved it - I can't wait to see the film - not sure when it gets a UK release.

Jela

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:40 pm

This got a UK release last Friday and went to see it today - really enjoyed it, thought that it was well made and whilst movies can never get the same depth as a book, thought that it was pretty true to the story. Well worth a viewing.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Jela,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the movie as well! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Say Something”