WUMB

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Bummer!! I was in the car with my son and listening to "his" music!!!!!

:cry:

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 pm

You missed "blue nightfall"....but I'm sure you have it on CD. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:58 pm

I sure do have Blue Nightfall.

In a way, I'm glad I wasn't listening.

That song never fails to make me cry!!!!!!

Have a great night!

Monica R.

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am

Say Something!!!!!!!

I took a break and cranked the radio up LOUD, the way this song should be played!!!!!

:D

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am

Ooooh! "Say Something"!!!! :D

say some, say something, say anything.......or say nothing at all....

Karen
Last edited by KarenZ on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am

I had a very funny feeling you were going to post at the same time, Ms. Karen. Cracking up here!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:20 am

You're cracking me up too! :D

I just looooooove that song! ;)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:24 am

Me too, Karen.

It was one of my choices for August!

I've never heard it live!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Translucent Soul!!! :D

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:26 pm

I was driving along in my car when TS came on and said out loud "I'm listening, Karen!" HA!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 am

MonicaR!!!

Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy! OMG!

"Give your sweet love to me"!

Yes! Of course I will JIMMY! :D

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh Karen,

One of the things I have to sacrifice staying down by the ocean, unfortunately, is WUMB. The station just won't come in and I've tried everything. I occasionally listen on-line while I'm listening to the docs dictation, but that can be kinda tricky, although I haven't been fired yet for typing lyrics instead of patient notes! HA!

I have always said that if I ever heard Jimmy sing that song live, someone would have to sit on me to keep me from giving it away. :lol:

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Oh Monica,

You made me laugh out LOUD! :D

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy AGAIN! :) I know this song but can't think of the title.....

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: WUMB

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 pm

"Look at the Wind Blow!!!!! From Ellis Paul Live with Chris Trapper!!! :D

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Great song.....Look at the Wind Blow.

I have family in the eye of Hurricane Dolly right now.....scary time.

hey hey look at the wind blow! :shock:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 pm

Paddy,

Think Hurricane Angels. ;)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:57 pm

I got a feeling this one is going to spare South Padre Island area folks for the most part........just a feeling. They've always managed to dodge them in the past as they headed instead into Northern Mexico. A direct hit is slightly scary.....lovin the song refs as i try to decipher the news.

Thanks!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 am

MonicaR,

Jimmy again! "Blue nightfall"! :D I am just pleased as punch because all I heard was the first few guitar chords and thought "It's Jimmy!"......and I was right! :shock: :mrgreen:

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

Good ear, Karen!

I've gotten very good at recognizing his stuff pretty quickly too!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:15 pm

"SHE LOVES A GIRL"!!!

Wow....I haven't heard this for a long time. Damn, it's good. :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:08 am

I'm back home, listening to WUMB while working. All is right with the world at the moment, other than my house looking like a tornado hit it, but everything will get put away at some point and WUMB will keep me company while doing so!

Not sure what I miss more, the ocean while I'm here at home, or WUMB while I'm by the ocean! :wink:

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:56 am

Oh-la-la! "Translucent Soul"!!! I love WUMB!!! (Especially since they seem to be on a Translucent Soul binge!) :mrgreen:

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:57 am

Monica R.

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 am

"I want to comfort you!"

Vance and Ellis sound so good together!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:08 am

Drat! I'm tuned in but missed it! :evil: (I've been slaving over a hot photocopier.) ;)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:54 pm

The World Ain't Slowing Down!!! :mrgreen:

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:57 pm

Heard it!

Nice way to wrap up my work day!!!!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:42 am

Folks,

Today is the LAST day to vote in WUMB's Top One Hundred Performer countdown. In 2006 Ellis came in at #30 and in 2007 he moved up to #13. Let's try to get him a little higher this year.....since we know he's the best! :)

Vote HERE.

I hope you all vote in the other election taking place today too! ;)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:35 am

Folks,

According to the WUMB website:

"You can still cast your ballot for up to ten of your favorite musicians by noon this Thursday, Nov 6th. We'll tally up the votes and next week (November 10-14), we'll play back the WUMB Top 100 listener favorites."

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:19 am

The WUMB on-air host said Ellis Paul's "Speed of trees" is coming up in a minute or two! :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Woo hoo! Ellis singing "Independence Day"! I love this song! It's been way too long since I've heard it! :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am

WUMB's Top 100 Countdown continues today (all this week). Listening to Jimmy LaFave right now. Jimmy comes in at #72! (Up from #87 last year.) :)

No Ellis yet.....which is a good thing in this instance.... :)

WUMB is counting down 20 each day. Our good friend Jeff Black came in at #100. You can track the daily countdown here:

Top 100 for 2008

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:25 am

Antje came in yesterday at #49. Still no Ellis. Yippee! :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 am

Karen,

Are you at work and listening yet?

I missed the announcement part, but they just played 3 Ellis' in a row, and I'm thinking he's #17, maybe 18.

Monica R.

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:47 am

Ellis came in at #18!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:18 am

Drat! I missed it while I was driving to work! :x

But what a wonderful finish for Ellis again this year! Yippee! :D

MonicaR, what songs did they play?

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:25 am

I figured you were in transit!

They played: She Loves a Girl, Jukebox On My Grave and Seven.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am

I missed "Seven" :?: :!: :!:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

OK....."I'm letting go 'cause holding on's killing me......"

:)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

The WUMB DJ just said a special live version of "Look at the Wind blow" with a male harmonist was coming up soon.....must be the version on the Live CD with Chris Trapper...... :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:41 am

MonicaR, are you listening??? Two days ago it was "Say Something".....yesterday it was "Last Call".......and today it's "Independence Day"!!! Wow, I love this song! No surprise, eh? ;) (And WUMB!)

Ellis....just so you know.... I'll stand by you when the sh*t hits the fan. ;)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 am

OMG!

I'm a one-man line at the twenty-four hour store

"Take Me Down"! :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 am

Karen,

I was listening yesterday while making turkey soup and thought of you the minute the song started ...... actually had to walk into my office to crank it up!

Take me down playing right now!

Something warm for a brutally cold winter's day!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 am

Hee....hee.....hee......we both posted at the same time! :)

Four days in a row! :D

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:28 am

I really like this new guy in the morning ...... he's got great taste, obviously, playing Ellis 4 days in a row!

He even mentioned the Naked Folk Calendar this a.m.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:31 am

I agree. Maybe we should e-mail the guy (Jay Moberg) to let him know how much we like his good taste.... :)

I missed the mention of the Naked Folk calendar! :(

KarenZ
monicar wrote:I really like this new guy in the morning ...... he's got great taste, obviously, playing Ellis 4 days in a row!

He even mentioned the Naked Folk Calendar this a.m.

monicar

Postby monicar » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:33 am

I really liked George Knight too, who did mornings for a while before Jay. George used to be on BOS and had a great Sunday morning show, called Sunday Morning's Over Easy ... I used to request Ellis all of the time and even recommended Jimmy LaFave to him, but I don't think Jimmy ever made the playlist.

I did email UMB at that time saying it was nice to hear George's voice, so I'll certainly send Jay a message and mention how I love hearing an Ellis Paul tune every a.m.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:12 am

Folks and Dylan-heads,

FYI. WUMB is having a "Day of Dylan" tomorrow, March 25, 2009, from 6am - 7pm EST.

I'll bet they don't have EP's recording of "All Along the Watchtower". :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 am

I am so looking forward to tomorrow's show!

I wouldn't be surprised if they do have that Ellis recording. Barnes Newbury is a HUGE Dylan fan and has some really obscure stuff.

Maybe we should email whoever's going to be doing the program and drop a hint?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:20 am

I designate YOU! :D

KarenZ
monicar wrote:Maybe we should email whoever's going to be doing the program and drop a hint?

Return to “Say Something”