Dar Williams

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sue Ellen

Dar Williams

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:20 pm

Dar Williams and a whole bunch of other cool folks will be performing at Solar Fest 2006: The New England Renewable Energy Festival:

http://www.solarfest.org/index.php

The festival will be held in Tinmouth, Vermont on July 15 & 16; with lots of great entertainment and great information related to renewable resources.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:04 am

I love Dar! I live in New England! I love Sue Ellen! WOW!!! :lol:

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:19 am

But will you love Tinmouth Vermont? I hear from friends that Solar Fest is a great time, full of really positive energy.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Rachael Layne

Dar Williams

Postby Rachael Layne » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:22 am

I adore Dar Williams! I was so surprised to find she and Ellis had worked together already!

I just discovered her music this year. The song "The Christians And The Pagans" is my favorite song by Dar thus far!
Music is love in search of a word...

care

dar!

Postby care » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:46 am

dar is fantastic and she and ellis do know each other from their starving artist days.

she puts on a great show - very interactive - i've only seen her a few times - she doesn't seem to play New Englad/ Massachusetts too much.

the christians and the pagans is one of my favorites.

Patti

Re: Dar Williams

Postby Patti » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Heard a little bit of a song on WERS the other day that really caught my ear. I looked it up online through WERS playlist and found out it was the song Midnight Radio, a new song out by Dar Williams. Turns out it is song that has been covered a few times and easy to understand why, hauntingly beautiful.... Dars album isn't available yet but thist is going to the top of my "must get soon" list...

I actually don't know much of Dar's music, but I know I have been hearing her name for many years now.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Bought the single Midnight Radio on Itunes yesterday.. safe bet would be that I have played it about 15 times all ready....

I feel a bit of a dilemma with being able to buy songs one at a time... on one hand it is great to explore new music but I feel like I am cheating the artist (and myself) if I don't buy anymore??? I know it is the way the business is going, but I don't even own an IPOD yet, I just put it on my computer. I do like the instant gratifcation part..

Long gone are the days of waiting till Saturday (after you cashed your check from your part time high school job) to take the city bus to record store at the mall (Strawberries) to buy the one album/cassettee you could splurge on this week. :lol:
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am

Patti

I'm sure every little bit helps. Whether it's downloading one song at 99 cents or showing the love one post at a time on a forum like this one. Given the nature of the music biz today it's GREAT to see artists able to release their music as whole albums or a single here and a single there. 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”