Livingston Taylor

Post messages about other artists here.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Livingston Taylor

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:51 am

Livingston Taylor discusses growing up in the Taylor family in this LivingLegendsMusic series....

Fans of James Taylor will enjoy this insightful look back from his brother Livingston Taylor's view:

It's delivered in 10 youtube soundbites....... 8)

Here's the first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yubMBc2 ... 36&index=0
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

wendy

Re: Livingston Taylor

Postby wendy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 am

Liv is playing at the Opera House at Boothbay Harbor this weekend!
(how cool is that!) :D

Thanks for the link, Paddy!
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:38 am

In the early 80's I was into Livingston Taylor's music much to the chagrin of friends and family who wondered "why bother?" They would say it was like listening to "James Taylor Lite" or some such thing. I didn't care, I liked the subtle differences and similarities in the sound. It was fun hearing James' influence on his brother Liv's music. I wonder if I still have those old cassettes laying around here, somewhere? :wink:
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks Paddy, I don't have time to watch them all now, but I will finish watching them at some point. Because these videos all have links to more videos and you know I am a big Taylor family fan, there just isn't enough time in the day.. Seeing these videos got me thinking about Liv.. you know LT just doesn't have the same ring as JT.. it's all in the name... I wonder if Liv ever thought about "Changing His Name"
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am

Patti wrote: Seeing these videos got me thinking about Liv.. you know LT just doesn't have the same ring as JT.. it's all in the name... I wonder if Liv ever thought about "Changing His Name"

Truer words never spoken! :P

I swear there was something magical about the name Ellis Paul......if ya know what I mean. 8)
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am

On the subject of James and Livingston Taylor......here's this lil gem.

James covers Livingston
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:56 am

From our own Patti comes a link to a video of siblings Livingston Taylor and his sister Kate Taylor at ground zero singing There You Are Again during a tribute to honor the siblings who lost brothers or sisters on that fateful day. Thanks Patti for sharing this with us. Hard to imagine losing anyone close in a tragedy like this one, let alone a brother or a sister. In honoring the siblings they thought it would be a good idea to invite siblings Liv and Kate to sing to perhaps accentuate the ties only brothers and sisters have. It's a nice touch. There's insight to Kate's personal experience having lost her husband the same day.

There You Go Again
paddy

Return to “Looking for My Friends”