The New Ellis "Best Of" CD

Post messages about Ellis Paul's music, CDs, lyrics, etc. here.

Moderator: Moderator

Lauren

The New Ellis "Best Of" CD

Postby Lauren » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:39 pm

In honor of the latest blog... does anyone want to weigh in on the final cut???

I am supremely happy to see:
Paris in a Day
Maria's Beautiful Mess
Home (acoustic piano, I hope!)
Galileo
17 Septembers
Martyr's Lounge
Sweet Mistakes
(I'm afraid I'm going to be listing the entire CD if I continue much more here)

VERY happy to see so many new versions of great old songs, and even some new ones in there! Jeff, I couldn't help giving a little should out to you about WHTM...

I have to say I'm blue to see that "Weightless" didn't make the cut, but I think the release would have to be several albums long to accomodate all of our favorites. And he did include Paris & Sweet Mistakes & Maria &...

:P

~Lauren

wendy

Postby wendy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:20 am

Yup, I'm looking forward to this entire collection, but especially to the new recordings... it's always fun to hear new interpretations of old favorites.

---and I'm REALLY happy to know we'll have WHTM available to hear whenever we want! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
-wendy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:30 am

My wife is upstairs awaiting the word about New Orleans. I did not want to break the news that easily. It was her request and she can read it for herself. Besides, she gave Ellis the green light to omit the song if necessary after playing it by her request in Mt. Holly, NJ last month.

She's here in the kitchen now.......gotta go now.....more to come.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 am

I would have responded sooner, but I had passed out at the thought of hearing WHTM finally.... :)

Too bad about Weigfhtless - I love hearing that on the Live CD - the way his voice carries that word up and up, almost like it's.... weightless.

I guess we'll have to wait for the boxed set for all of our favorites though... :)
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:38 am

The idea of a boxed set sounds good Jeff. Course, don't we all have the unofficial version of the boxed set? :D

My wife took the news about New Orleans in stride. And with the instruction to post an extra special request for Ellis. If there happens to be room on one of the CDs for a hidden track...... :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:39 am

Supremely happy to see Roll Away Bed.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:07 am

As a relative newbie, I can't wait for this cd to catch up on my Ellis "learning"!!
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:37 pm

At Passim earlier this month, Mike suggested a box set to accomodate all the requests, but Ellis said that comes after he's gone. So the jukebox and the box set will come at the same time?
-Katie

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:47 pm

Something I can definitely wait a very, very long time for, then! Though I have made my own personal Ellis mp3 disc that's like a boxed set on one disc. *happy sigh* Makes me smile!
:D
~L~

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:46 pm

I've got six of his cd's on my iPod.... pretty close to a box set. I need to get back to work on discovering the old music!
-Katie

Return to “Breakin' Through the Radio”