Today (July 20) in EP Music History Trivia (win a prize!)

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (July 20) in EP Music History Trivia (win a prize!)

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 am

"I've seen you walk like Charlie Chaplin
I've seen you cry like Natalie Wood
Sometimes I wish I could read you
like a silent movie caption
'Cause if I could get in your head,
you know I would, I would" -- Ellis Paul

Three-time Academy Award Nominee American actress Natalie Wood was born on July 20, 1938. Her film career spanned 40 years, ending with her tragic drowning off Catalina Island in 1981 at the age of 43.

Can you name the Ellis Paul song containing the lines of lyric above? The first person to reply with the correct answer will win a copy of Ellis' Notes from the Road.

Good luck! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:51 am

Good-bye Hollywood, on American Jukebox Fables
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:53 am

OMG, I'm so excited about the possibility of winning this I'm having some hand-flapping behaviors!!

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:57 am

We have a winner! Congratulations Sue Ellen! :D How about if I just bring it with me to Ogunquit and you can get it autographed yourself??!! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:01 am

:lol:

You two crack me up!!!

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:54 am

Sue Ellen - it's a great book as well ! I think you will really enjoy it.
Jeff

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:36 pm

I agree - it's an excellent read and gives some lovely insights into how/why songs were written. Makes the songs even more meaningful when you know the story behind the song.

Jela

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sue Ellen

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Sue Ellen!

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:02 pm

Goodbye Hollywood from American Jukebox Fables

My wireless connection is a little slow today so if someone posted the answer before me that's fine...I have the book already and agree it's a winner...much like our very own hand - flapping SueEllen. :P

Way to go SE.......... :wink:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”