New museum in Bethel, NY to honor Woodstock

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

New museum in Bethel, NY to honor Woodstock

Postby KarenZ » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 am

Folks,

The new Museum at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts in Bethel, NY which opened on JUne 2, 2008 wants to jog your memory of the Age of Aquarius. :)

The Museum at Bethel Woods explores the unique experience of the 1969 WoodstockMusic and Art Fair, its significance as a culminating event of a decade of radical cultural transformation, and the ongoing legacy of the Sixties and Woodstock. Through personal stories, profiles, immersive multimedia exhibits, engaging programs and educational events, The Museum will encourage intergenerational dialogue about important ideas and issues relevant to today. The Museum will also help to preserve the historic site on which the 1969 Woodstock festival took place.

Click on link below for more information:

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/museum.aspx

I want to ride on the psychedelic bus! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:46 am

Have always thought a pilgrimage to Woodstock would be cool.... 8)

Now more than ever! :wink:

Thanks for the information, Karen...I'll send a postcard! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:17 am

So glad someone noticed this thread since I thought it was pretty big news in the world of music. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:47 pm

Thanks Karen I did look at it earlier today, I noticed this thread after Paddy commented. I even got directions from Mapquest to see if it might work into that trip that I "may" be taking to Niagra. Hmmm I guess I thought of Woodstock as further North in NY so I'm not sure if we will make it this trip, but it is someplace I would be sure to go to. I have some plans for summer vacation but have not confirmed all of them. My daughter is still in school :shock: But tomorrow is her last day :P . Just doesn't seem like summer "quite" yet
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Say Something”