American Idol 2008

Post messages here that don't fit into any other forum.

Moderator: Moderator

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu May 22, 2008 11:34 am

Just had to quote your wonderful post about your daughter's reaction to hearing Antje drop the "effbomb" since the thread turned the page.

Great story........thanks for sharing that one, Monica. :)
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Thu May 22, 2008 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Thu May 22, 2008 11:35 am

monicar wrote:I know my son (16) will be fine. My daughter (12) should be okay. She slept through an Ellis Paul show when she was 10, but that was after a long school day. I'll never forget that show at the Somerville Theater, where Antje opened. Think it was her CD release show or something like that. She sang Pearls and when the F word came out, my daughter looked at me bug eyed. Not like she's never heard it before, but I think the fact that this woman was on a stage in front of a crowd of people, saying that word .... well, that was just something. When my husband asked her how the show was, all she came up with was "the girl said the F word!" Too funny!

:lol:
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:21 am

Okay it has been a few weeks since the last American Idol show. The Davids have made their rounds on tv shows and I thought they handled it all very well. I know AI is such a machine and the instant stardom might make you think the winner isn't for real but I have to say I think David Cook is different and I hope he stays that way. Just hearing him talk you know he is intelligent . And "much to Simon's chagrin a word nerd" but he seems so sincere and he is talented. I have NOT been able to get the last song he sang out of my head and it has been weeks. I had never heard the song before that so that is quite an impact. Here is a 2 minute clip from youtube, give it a listen..."the world I know"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eM2Yctf-IoM
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Say Something”