Ellis Paul CDs make great holiday gifts

Discuss ways to get the word out!
bonuela

Ellis Paul CDs make great holiday gifts

Postby bonuela » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:27 pm

Naughty or Nice, everyone on your holiday gift list deserves an Ellis Paul CD or two!! :D

I can't think of a better way to spread the news and share the music. :)
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:03 pm

Even better is giving autographed CDs! :) So far there are five folks on my Christmas list who are getting a copy of Ellis Paul Essentials. I bought a gold felt tip pen and had Ellis autograph four for me on Friday night....plus one that was autographed in purple back at Passim on Oct. 28. (Or was it green? No...I think it was purple...) The gold looks really nice....I'm so glad I thought of it. ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Pebbles

Postby Pebbles » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:26 pm

Ahhhhh Karen, what a great idea! I should have done that for my precocious blue-eyed kid! Tough to do though when we go to the shows together.
Santa is working on completing her Ellis collection... :wink:

Robin
When you invest in love, the same will be returned. Ellis Paul

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:13 pm

Paddy's post about borrowing CDs from the library got me thinkging.......

I bet if we each donate a copy of Essentials to our local library we could reach a whole new group of people. It would enable people to listen for free, forcing them to fall under Ellis' spell and then buy their own copy.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:19 pm

That is a GREAT idea; It reminds me that I had looked at my local branch of the County Library, and they do not have a single EP CD...what a crime.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:49 pm

Bonnie, that's a really good idea.

SueEllen, it is a crime, isn't it? I have equal access to over half a dozen libraries in our County Library System via their website and did a quick search after finding Sufjan Stevens. I thought sure I would see a copy of at least one or two of Ellis's CDs somewhere in the system.

Nope!!! :shock:

As to how libraries attain their music stock, I'm not entirely sure.
I'd venture to guess it's mostly via donations by mindful folks who for some reason can part ways with items from their collection. Giving copies of Ellis Paul's ESSENTIALS to our local libraries would in fact be a great
way to spread the word. Exponentially, I would think.

Also, there's several dozen computers in our library. Nearby is a wall upon
which is a "dry erase board".......and one day someone had written upon it the following question for all to see: WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO???

It was some age appropriate answer that escapes me now.....but I thought
hmmn.......wonder what would happen if I put Ellis Paul up there. Here's a situation where folks are sitting at computers surfing the internet, they give their eyes a rest from the screen....look up...see this QNA.....and
next thing ya know they are "Googling" Ellis Paul.

So yes......the library system could be a great vehicle for exposure. :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:40 pm

Sooooo..........

Did anyone want to share a sharing story?

I gave my parents a signed copy of Essentials and my Mom hasn't stopped listening to it yet!

I also put a few Ellis songs on my annual Holiday Mix CD and he has generated the most questions. "Who's this one?" and so on. 8) I know of a few people who want to go see him now!!

Return to “Spread the News”