Street team

Discuss ways to get the word out!
2bluesboys

Street team

Postby 2bluesboys » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:48 am

I have been reading about "street teams" on other artist's websites. I've been thinking that this would be a great thing to do for Ellis. I wouldn't mind organizing it but I have to do some more research on exactly how "street teams" help the artists.
Does anyone belong to a "street team" for another artist?
Do you all think this would be a good idea?

Barbara

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:07 am

Usually street teams, or "reps" are handled my an artists' management. I know I am a Matt Nathanson "pimp" (who's surprised?)

We are responsible for spreading the word and the music online, promoting shows by legally posting fliers or handing out fliers at shows where there would be a similar fan base, requesting songs on the radio and selling merch at shows.

Plus any other way of getting the artist's name, music and website out there.

For example, if you use other message boards, you can put a banner in your signature line for Ellis with a link over here or to his website.

As a thank you, the artist's management will usually send out emails with ticket presales, or info that hasn't yet been released to the general public.

I know Matt has bookmarks with his website and picture on it. They usually ask one or two Reps to hand them out at his shows. In return they get into the show for free.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:59 pm

P.S.

I love selling merch!! I got to help out at one of Ellis' shows and it was so great. You just get to talk to people about his music, while they fork over money for him.

All in all a fun time! :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:10 pm

Ditto on what Bonuela said. I was in charge of Christopher Williams' Street Team and you basically spread the word, hang posters, promote the shows and music and help sell merchandise. It was a great experience for me and I really miss it!!
(I did find it a bit challenging since I was in charge of it all and would get really frustrated when I didn't always know what was going on in other states - I don't have the KarenZ touch to get everyone so involved and respond!)

Lauren

Postby Lauren » Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:59 pm

I know this was last discussed ages ago, but what a great idea! (PS bonuela - I am totally with you on the merch-selling fun!)

I tossed a quick glance at the other threads in this forum, but didn't see much. I guess this entire forum is, in a sense, getting a street team formed on a grass-roots level, but perhaps if people have ways of promoting upcoming area shows...?

Just a thought...
~L~

Return to “Spread the News”