Welcome to the new "Spread the News" forum!

Discuss ways to get the word out!
KarenZ
Site Admin

Welcome to the new "Spread the News" forum!

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:06 am

Folks,

Ellis would like to have a forum dedicated to discussing ways we can get the word out about his music. I'm all for that! :) Look for him to initiate some threads with ideas....

To start things off I'm moving the list of radio stations to this forum. I've updated the list and have to made it easier for you to request songs via e-mail by making the e-mail addresses clickable.

Thanks in advance for your continued support and for making our online community THE BEST! (Yes, I know I'm a bit biased.) ;)

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:33 pm

Good idea Karen !

And I'll encourgae him to mention the web site at Passim.......
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Postby paddyinthepub » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:35 pm

Karen Z wrote:

Folks,

Ellis would like to have a forum dedicated to discussing ways we can get the word out about his music. I'm all for that! :) Look for him to initiate some threads with ideas....

To start things off I'm moving the list of radio stations to this forum. I've updated the list and have to made it easier for you to request songs via e-mail by making the e-mail addresses clickable.

Karen, should we wait for Ellis to initiate some threads with ideas........and then post feedback on them...or is it okay to start threads on ideas that we come up with on our own?

On another note, how best to suggest radio stations that could be added to the list to call or email requests.

For fun, I went out to the website for kpft 90.1 fm in Houston, Tx.
They play Ellis' genre of music. Not surprising, I found this on one of their playlists from last week:

Monday October 16, 2006
Artist Song Title Album Title
0600 Intro
BBC World Service headlines
Ellis Paul The World Ain't Slowin' Down Ellis Paul: Essentials

Yee -Haw!!!

:)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:44 pm

Paddy,

I know Ellis has some ideas....so for now, let's hold off on ideas we may have until we hear what he has rolling around in his head. :)

Regarding radio stations to add to the list, how about posting suggestions in the radio station thread so I can more easily keep track of them. Thanks for the KPFT heads-up. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

2bluesboys

Postby 2bluesboys » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:16 pm

Karen:

Feel free to remove my post if you want to wait until you hear ideas from Ellis. Sorry if I jumped in too soon.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:36 pm

Oh, it's fine! I appreciate the enthusiasm....and hope to harness some of that energy! :)

KarenZ

Return to “Spread the News”