New CD Reviews- "City Of Silver Dreams"

Discuss ways to get the word out!
VHBuckeye

New CD Reviews- "City Of Silver Dreams"

Postby VHBuckeye » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 am

Surprised I hadn't seen this topic yet...

I would say another superb production! Driving around Columbus, OH in the snow with this playing can take your mind off of the crazy traffic & make the ride home a little more enjoyable. Also a nice break from the "radio" holiday music that seem to play the same 20 songs over & over.....Seems to capture a little bit of everything...Thoughts of coming home for Christmas, to his travels w/ the Little wood guitar, to the kids Santa & the tooth Fairy, & the silly, upbeat Runaway Sleigh (love it!). I like the story "The night the lights went out on Christmas" as a reminder of what the season is all about. He really does paint a picture in one's mind with his music. Passing out copies for gifts!! :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: New CD Reviews- "City Of Silver Dreams"

Postby KarenZ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Tim,

Agreed on all comments re: City of Silver Dreams. I am totally OCD on "Mary, Mary". Also love the chorus of "Christmas Train"....and my grandson keeps asking me to sing "Santa and the Tooth Fairy" (when we're not in the car where we play the CD). :-)

How did your son make the snowman blue? :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

VHBuckeye

Postby VHBuckeye » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Karen,

Also agree with your comments...My boys also enjoy Santa & The Tooth Fairy!...BTW, both of my boys are Autistic & music is a big part of their (our) lives...Now, we are going thru EP's CD's & they are hooked on many of his songs...(AnnaLee & 3000 Miles are playing nearly every day!)...So glad I was introduced to his music....

The Blue Snowman was made with neon food coloring and a squirt bottle with water...Next time we have a good snow will get a little more creative!

Peace

VHBuckeye

Postby VHBuckeye » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

P.S. I re-read your signature & could not agree more...Nice! :D

Return to “Spread the News”