Newby's to EP

Discuss ways to get the word out!
VHBuckeye

Newby's to EP

Postby VHBuckeye » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 am

Hi All,

I first want to apologize for being so late to the party......I met Ellis at a get together in a small town in Ohio about a month ago...The owner of the home is a neighbor of my parents & had invited Ellis to play a private show....My mom texted me the nite B4 asking if I want to come out to see some guy play acoustic guitar......I'd never heard of him.......(I'm a guitar player & have played in a few bands)...so I said sure & went out for a relaxing evening of music & drinks......

Then...BAM!!!...He started playing...(& Don Con was playing with him!!)...I was drooling at the music, lyrics, style from the minute they started...all of it!..Since I didn't know who he was, it was easy to go up, say hey, & chat for awhile.....he was very humble & friendly (as was Don)...I have a pic of Ellis w my mom...too bad not w/ me!!

So after picking up a couple CD's from that nite (Stories & The Day After Everything Changed) I started listening to him.......I've now acquired several CD's & the 3000 Miles DVD...Maybe it's because I'm about his age...Can see myself in a room w/ him doing who knows what, or just need an escape...I don't know ..he has sucked me in..... My wife is looking at me weird now every time I bring up his name....I was about the same place he was in the mid 90's living in Buffalo NY going to school....Wish I would have bumped into him....

So,..whoever comes across this post....you may be feeling the same as me.....I don't appreciate much of anything that is on the radio, Sirius/XM, etc..anymore...It has been an uplifting EXPERIENCE (yes...I capitalized that for a reason!) for me to have met this guy & grabbed onto his music....I've been passing out CD's to everyone I know as I think we all need to hear him.....Music is like air....It can be refreshing, uplifting, motivating, healing & I believe it is needed for a healthy life (BTW...I'm in healthcare)...More than ever now....Ellis (Paul) has a talent that is so unique & pleasant on the soul....Hope to see and hear much more of him going forward ! :D....Spread The Music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Re: Newby's to EP

Postby KarenZ » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing your story and the pictures! Keep spreading the word! :D

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Re: Newby's to EP

Postby Patti » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Wow.. that was nice to read. And believe me there are MANY who have experienced the same thing. Keep on listening and sharing and spreading his music. The first two cds you got are a very good showcase of his work/style. Enjoy.
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

Return to “Spread the News”