Promoting "The Day After Everything Changed"

Discuss ways to get the word out!
KarenZ
Site Admin

Promoting "The Day After Everything Changed"

Postby KarenZ » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Folks,

I think it's time to start a thread similar to the one below that Ellis originally started for Essentials, transposing our efforts to The Day After Everything Changed. Let's start with some reviews on Amazon, since the CD is now digitally available there. Be honest! Tell the world what you think! :)

Here's the link for you to post your review. Shall we have another guys vs. gals? :)

The Day After Everything Changed

KarenZ

EllisPaul wrote:Hey y'all--
We are creating this Forum to allow a place to discuss promotional activity for fans of my music.

Here's a way to get empowered to spread the word for the Essentials album.

The web is probably the most important way to spread non commercial music around the world. You can help by doing the following with Essentials, then come back here and let people know where they can chime in.

1) OTHER DISCUSSION SITES FOR ACOUSTIC SONGWRITERS, -- there are numerous discussion groups around the web regarding songwriters. Myspace, aol, THE FOLK LIST, THE DJ LIST, ETC all have chat places on this kind of music. Please leave reviews, and let us know when you find a place.

2) SONGWRITER'S DISCUSSION BOARDS... like mineded artists like Neil Young, Bob Dyaln, John Gorka, Bill Morrissey, Patty Griiffin, Dar williams, Jonatha Brooke, Richard Shindell, all your favorite songwriters have discussion boards, you an drop a line there, or start a discussion thread about why the music matters. Pick your favorites and run with it, and come back an tell us where you have been. So others can comment on your thread, Let us know where you've posted!

3) COMMERCIAL MUSIC SITES ON THE WEB...
Amazon.cbabyom, cd , MTV.com, CMT.com, etc., commercial sites that sell music or promote muscians have places to leave reviews, go find them, and let us know where you've posted!

4) Banners... I have no idea how to set these up so fans could post them on their sites, does anyone know how to make one? We could post here for those that wanted to use it... Let me know...

Start a myspace page and use your favorite song as the soundtrack to your site.

Let us know what you have done out on the net, provide us with links to where you've been.

and thanks for helping out!
Ellis
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

PotatoPicker

Re: Promoting "The Day After Everything Changed"

Postby PotatoPicker » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 am

Shall we have another guys vs. gals? :)

We could... but I seem to remember Paddy and got creamed on that one. Maybe we can try harder this time !
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Folks,

Mr. Paul really needs your help. Will you all please consider posting some reviews of the CD and - since "Annalee" is the Free Song of the Day today on Amazon - a review of the song? Both would be great. We can be the start of a groundswell which is only fitting! :)

Once again, here's the link to post customer reviews on Amazon:

The Day After Everything Changed

Jeff, thanks for already posting a review of the CD from where you're living in exile. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:55 am

It was my pleasure......

Another thing that might be worth doing is if you see someone's review that you like, click on the "This review helped" button.....
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:37 am

Thanks for that tip, Jeff. :-)

And thanks to those of you have posted reviews on Amazon. Keep 'em coming....and if you can, reviews of "Anna Lee" specifically would also be appreciated. :)

KarenZ

PotatoPicker wrote:It was my pleasure......

Another thing that might be worth doing is if you see someone's review that you like, click on the "This review helped" button.....

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:26 am

another thing is giving away copies of the cd. with the 1 for 15 or 2 for 20 deal that has been running at the shows, you can't beat that price. buy one for a friend and give the spare to a stranger!! :mrgreen:
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

How stupid was I to buy a single CD at the December 30 show ..... as did one of my high school pals.... oh well.
Jeff

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 am

Tattoo You!

Searched Facebook for "tattoo" and found a page called Tattoo & Piercing (2,725,937 fans) Joined and dropped the Rose Tattoo youtube from the NBC10! show in Philadelphia. Now I'm thinking I should have used the Rose Tattoo youtube from Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, Ohio.

Also on Facebook:
Can We Find ONE Million Tattoo Fans.
Do You Like Tattoos? Tattoo Lovers

(233,449 members)

They got:

Rose Tattoo ~ Canal Street Tavern (Dayton, Ohio) :wink:
Here's hoping Ellis Paul music makes it's way into their skin... 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Patti

Postby Patti » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:06 am

LOVE the slide guitar in that version of Rose Tattoo... so wish that instrument made it on the album version.. oh well.

Nice Link tho Paddy...way to spread the songs...
"Embrace what you have in common, celebrate what sets you apart" Ellis Paul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:52 am

Folks,

Please consider taking a few minutes to send e-mail requests for songs from The Day After Everything Changed and/or post comments at the websites linked below. I would also encourage you to post a link to the YouTube video of Ellis jumping off the dock. :)

Syndicated Radio Shows
(See individual web sites for radio stations, days and times of broadcasts.)

Acoustic Cafe
Ann Arbor, MI.
Acoustic Cafe website
request@acafe.com

e-town
e-town web site
info@etown.org

Folk Sampler
Siloam Springs, AR.
Folk Sampler website
mike@folksampler.com (E-mail Host Mike Flynn)

FolkScene
Los Angeles, CA.
FolkScene web site
folkscene@folkscene.com

Midnight Special
Midnight Special website
folk@midnightspecial.org

Mountain Stage
Charleston, WV
Mountain Stage website
larry@mountainstage.org (E-mail Host Larry Groce)

World Cafe
Philadlephia, PA.
World Cafe website

Miscellaneous websites/forums

No Depression forum

Sugarland forum on CMT

Folk Alley Discussion Board

XM The Village website

If you can think of any other websites, forums, radio shows, etc. please post them here!

Thanks in advance for your support! :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I've been meaning to ask ... I haven't heard any of the new CD on UMB. What's up with that?

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 pm

Maybe you need to give them a call and request a song! :)

KarenZ

monicar wrote:I've been meaning to ask ... I haven't heard any of the new CD on UMB. What's up with that?

monicar

Postby monicar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm

I will put that on my morning to do list for tomorrow and send an email. I'll wait until you are at work, so you can hear too!

monicar

Postby monicar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:38 am

Just tried emailing my request and they currently are not taking email requests, so I called. Had to leave a message. As I just posted on Facebook, I haven't called a radio station to request a song since I was 16. I feel very young today!!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:10 pm

Folks,

Additional places to post/comments:

1. For those of you on Facebook, Ellis' Facebook "MyStore"
2. www.barnesandnoble.com
3. www.itunes.com
4. www.nodepression.com/profile/EllisPaul

Thanks for your support! :)

KarenZ

monicar

Postby monicar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 pm

I sent an email to just about my entire contact list this morning. Hoping to hook at least one person. Did receive a note back from someone I met through music, saying "well aren't you the passionate one?" Said he's been wanting to see Ellis (he lives in NJ) and will ASAP.

One down, 9000 to go!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:34 am

Yay! Ken Batista just played "Annalee" on WYEP's Sunday morning show, An American Sampler! :)

KarenZ

Return to “Spread the News”