Nov. 13 in EP Music History Trivia - win a prize

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Nov. 13 in EP Music History Trivia - win a prize

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:11 pm

"Embrace what you have in common;
Celebrate what sets you apart"
-- Ellis Paul

Folks,

Thought it would be nice to remember Ellis Paul's words from his song about friendship and racism today - on the 51st anniversary of the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court ending segregation on buses in Alabama. The ruling was sparked 11 months earlier - Dec. 1, 1955 - by Rosa Parks when she refused to give up her seat on a bus. Read more in an article in American Heritage magazine linked below.

November 13, 1956: A Big Blow Against Segregation by Joshua Zeitz

To win a copy of Side of the Road, the duo CD Ellis recorded with his good friend Vance Gilbert, simply be the first person to reply with the name the Ellis Paul song - sparked by his friendship with Vance - containing the lines of lyric above.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Translucent Soul

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:26 pm

Wow, that was quick! :D

Congratulations, Dean. Please send me a PM with your snail mail address and I'll get the CD prize in the mail to you. And thanks for participating!

Those lines from "Translucent Soul" are my favorites - (right up there with "never trust a prophet in a party dress") :) and for a long time I used them as my sig file both here on the board and in regular e-mail. I still have them imprinted on my personal checks....

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Trivia Contest - Translucent Soul

Postby AndaleOrbea » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 am

Dear Karen:

To copy your earlier message - Wow, that was quick! The CD arrived today (Monday) postmarked Saturday - I thought it came amazingly fast. Thanks so much!

And as an added bonus it came with my pre-ordered copy of The Dragonfly Races. I'm thrilled. It's so wonderfully done. I wonder if EP will bring enough with him on his road shows over the next few weeks. There's a good chance that he's going to sell out before he returns home to restock.

I saw that Antje is opening for EP Cleveland on 11/28 - I hope they do Abiola - they are fantastic together.

Thanks so much!
db

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”