Today (June 12) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (June 12) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:19 am

"I made a vow to make a simple life
with a rattle-shaking baby
and a buddha wife
I vowed that only the Red Sox could bring me down
" -- Ellis Paul in "Marc Chagall"

Baseball’s first El Perfecto, a perfect game, was recorded on this day - June 12 - in 1880 ... a perfect game being when no batter reaches a base during a complete game of at least nine innings. A southpaw, left-handed Lee Richmond of the Worcester (Massachusetts) Ruby Legs, pitched himself to perfection with a 1-0 shutout of the Cleveland Spiders in a National League game. Five days later, on June 17, the second, official perfect game was pitched by John Ward in another National League game between Providence and Buffalo.

It was two and a half decades later before this feat was accomplished again - by a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox - when he stopped the Philadelphia Athletics in an American League game.

Perfect game days are very rare! So if you get a chance to see one, either in person or on TV, you’ll be watching history in the making.

Can you name the Red Sox pitcher who pitched the 3rd perfect game ever on May 5, 1904?

Click HERE for answer.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Perfect games are rare indeed. Curt Shilling just missed a perfect game last week. He was in the ninth inning with 2 outs when a hit got by Alex Cora for a single....

Thanks for the trivia, Karen. The Red Sox aren't bringing anyone down this year. Well, except maybe the Yankee fansl

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”