Today (June 6) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (June 6) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38 am

"At the drive-in we’d meet
In the Buick’s back seat
We’d find the Cracker Jack prize in the dark
Back home your father’d come out
And say “what was the movie about?”
I said “a ghost” – you said “a great white shark”
-- Ellis Paul in "Summertime"

Folks,

It was on this date in 1933 that the first drive-in movie theater opened in the U.S. The first movie shown was called Wife Beware. :shock: The list of towns/states where the first 18 drive-ins opened in the 1930s is rather interesting. :) Can you guess the city/state where the first drive-in opened?

Click HERE for answer.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

wendy

Postby wendy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:24 am

oh my goodness, I actually guessed the correct state! :shock:
Not that I know anything about the history of drive-ins; I guess it just felt like something that would appeal in that neck of the woods in the '30s...

Thanks for the history lesson, Karen! As always, you are a font of information! 8)
-wendy

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:02 pm

We love going to the drive-in. We make sure we go at least once a summer. We find it is best to go early June, or later in August, because of the sunset. In July the movies don't start till 9:00 which is fine for the teenagers but not the youngins, or the oldens for that matter!! It is always a fun time.

I did see Jaws at the drive in, on Cape Cod no less. What were my parents thinking!!!

bonuela

Postby bonuela » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 pm

This same bit of trivia flashed across the welcome board at work this morning. :D
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”