Today (July 5) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (July 5) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:15 am

Hard to believe it's already 2 years since Miss Ella came into this world! I hope we get to see an updated photo soon! :)

Can anyone name the song Miss Ella's father wrote while he was waiting for her arrival? :wink:

A Happy Birthday to the Boston Red Sox cutest fan! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:27 am

I saw Ellis at The Tractor Tavern in Seattle 2+ years ago and I remember him playing the song that I believe is the answer to the trivia question today. It's my guess anyway.

nine months to change the world

Happy Birthday Ella
Last edited by paddyinthepub on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:43 am

A song which badly needs to be released at some point......

Happy Birthday Ella.
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:05 am

Did it make the cut for the "Best of" CD????

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:09 am

It does not look like it is on the list. I don't know as I've heard that one...is it on another CD?

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am

No...it hasn't been recorded... :cry:... which was the point Jeff was making.

Let's see if I can resurrect the lyrics....here you go. :) It's another great tune.

KarenZ

I've Got Nine Months to Fix the World

Your momma says you’re coming
I've got nine months to fix this world
seems like everything here’s broken
and you’re as precious as a pearl
I've got nine months to fix the world

I’d be lying if I told you
there are no wars out here on earth
there's no hunger, no diseases
but the truth is so much worse
I've got nine months to break the curse

[chorus]
You may think I’m sleepwalking
I've got my head stuck in a cloud
oh, you can’t rely on miracles
the wisdom of the oracles
or talking politicians killing time
the months are down to nine

I'm declaring this whole planet
every inch is holy land
so no matter where your feet fall
it's sacred where you stand
from [insert town] to Bethlehem

I’m gonna clear the world of bullets
and confiscate the guns
gonna fill up all the barrels
with chewed up bubble gum
I've got nine months to get it done

[repeat chorus]

gonna whittle down the Scriptures
the Bible, the Koran
gonna whittle 'em down to one phrase
that any fool could understand
"love your fellow man"

fill up all the bombers
with corn, with appleseeds
a million gallons of cool water
we'll fill the sky with rain and golden beads
above the people who're in need

[repeat chorus]

honey, I'm out here trying
gonna see you in a little while
I will be the man who’s smiling...

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:17 am

Oh, that is beautiful.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:26 am

Just re-read those lyrics....haven't heard the song in a while....now I have a REAL hankering for it. I heard it for the very first time at the Mucky Duck in Houston when Ellis was touring with Vance....so that would have been November 2003. Maybe I'll stoop to begging tomorrow night at my return to the Duck. I can beg when necessary. :wink:

KarenZ

Patti

Postby Patti » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Not only is the tune to the song so catchy it has such a great message. And it is just so sweet that he wrote it to honor his "daughter to be." I think he said the song just came rushing at him like a train on a track. The song is def. Woody Guthrie sounding!! Maybe it will end up on CD of kids songs he is/will be working on. It could make a great picture book too. ( FYI I think Faith Hill is making a picture book of Fireflies)

I have a version of 9 Months, from a Texas concert I believe. Someone on the old board (sorry I forgot who) sent the CD to anyone who requested it. Karen you must have it, but BEG AWAY!!

Karen did you see when Keith Lockhart was screaming along with Steve Tyler!! Steve's voice was a little rough, he has recently had throat surgery, but it was still a sight to see and hear!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:50 pm

Patti,

You're right. I'm sure I have "9 months" on a CD somewhere....but you know how there's nothing that compare to hearing Ellis do his songs live. :)

Yes....I did notice Keith Lockhart screaming. How funny to see the Boston Pops rockin' on an Aerosmith song. :) Is it my imagination, or did Keith Lockhart lose his boyish looks of a sudden? He looked so different....whereas Steven Tyler hasn't aged a day. :wink:

KarenZ

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”