Today (Jan. 30) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (Jan. 30) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:56 am

"Who rolled the joint when Bob Dylan
Got high with the Beatles?" He says,
"Who put my world on pins and needles?" -- Ellis Paul

On Jan. 30, 1969 the Beatles made their last public appearance -- at a free concert on the rooftop of the Apple corporate headquarters in London. The group was filmed for the movie Let It Be and recorded this song.....can you guess what it was? It's an amazing video...especially the footage taken from a rooftop across the street....and shots of folks on the ground looking up...the Fab Four performing under a beautiful blue winter sky. Paul is almost totally unrecognizable with a full dark bushy beard. John is clean-shaven and incredibly young looking. Ringo cool in his red vinyl jacket. George wearing what looks like fur. Amazing.

YouTube video of the Beatles last public performance - Jan. 30, 1969

Can you name the Ellis Paul song containing the lines of lyric above? Click HERE for answer.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Patti

Postby Patti » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:13 am

COOOOLLL....

Did you notice the old man with the pipe and hat, climbing up the ladder and casually walking across the roof ...like hey I always come up here!!! Cracked me up!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:56 am

Patti, I noticed that too....and wondered if was an exec at Apple....or just a passerby who decided to get a better "seat"....although since I don't deal to well with heights, I think it did make my stomach a bit queasy just watching him climbing up the side of that building.... :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”