Today (Nov. 12) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (Nov. 12) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:46 pm

Folks,

Canadian Neil Young, pictured above on the cover of Rolling Stone #992 (Jan. 26, 2006), was born on this date in 1945.

Can you name the Neil Young song covered by Ellis Paul and Vance Gilbert on their duo CD Side of the Road released in 2003?

Click HERE for answer.

Read more about Neil Young in Wikipedia.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Michael&Cathy

Postby Michael&Cathy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:57 pm

Ah! Comes a Time!!

But the best of the CD is "Citizen of the World" (IMHO)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:14 am

There was a time when Ellis would either Soundcheck this Neil Young song or maybe even have it in the setlist......usually an encore I think.

I half remember a funny story Ellis used to tell about being on a long flight and sitting close to Neil Young....it had Neil listening...and digging....a demo of Ellis' music.......only Neil deplaned without Ellis' name or Demo.

It went something like that...and was too funny.

Anyone remember that story???
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 am

Paddy,

I do remember that story....but it was a friend of Ellis' who found herself seated on an airplane (headed to England or France as I recall) seated next to Neil Young. Was it Neil Young? Now I'm not sure....anyway I think the story was that she was listening to Ellis on her headphones and Neil could "overhear" the music and asked her about it.....so she let him borrow it for the flight and he liked what he heard.....but she deplaned without telling him who he had been listening to and enjoying. She said later she could have kicked herself for not giving him the CD. I actually met her at a couple shows around that time...one of which was the Eagleview Concerts show in Pennsylania. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”