Today (Nov. 7) in EP Music History Trivia

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Today (Nov. 7) in EP Music History Trivia

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:52 am

Jonie Mitchell was born on Nov. 7, 1943 in Fort Macleod, Alberta, Canada which means she turns 63 years young today. I should look so good when I'm 63. :)

There's lots of terrific photos of Joni on her web site but I thought I'd post the one above since it was taken in 1985 - about the time our Ellis Paul found Joni's music.

A brand new Joni Mitchell web site was launched yesterday. I found her biography fascinating. If nothing else read the section of her bio titled 1985-89 Experimental 80's.

The first person to reply to this with a name of an Ellis Paul song mentioning Joni Mitchell will win an Ellis Paul Essentials poster.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:58 am

What a great photo of Joni...those were her dripping cool years for me.

I feel sure Joni is mentioned in more than one of Ellis' song.

Hmmn.......one is obvious......I'm trying for obscure.

I'll think on it a bit.............Good Luck Everybody!!!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Tupelogirl#2

Postby Tupelogirl#2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Everyone! the only one I can think of is "Juekbox on my Grave"

You can hear Hank Williams
some George Jones
some Beatles songs
some Dylan
some Rolling Stones
Joni Mitchell and Marvin Gaye
and Johnny Cash risen
from the ashes on my grave, my grave
That's Johnny Cash there
singing "Ring of Fire" upon my grave

Is there another?? Seems like "Paddy" is right and she is mentioned in more than one song, but I can't think of it!

~ Laura :)
Tumbleweeds
Dance on the ground
Armadillos (poor little guys)
Upside down

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:42 am

Laura,

Congratulations! Only one answer was needed, so it doesn't matter - you're our winner. :) Please PM me with your snail mail address.

Thanks for participating.

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Jalapenos

Postby Jalapenos » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm

Maybe some day on school vacation week I'll be home early enough to win the trivia :cry: Not fair!
-Katie

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”