Day-4 Ellis Paul Essentials Giveaway Trivia (Oct. 13)

Test your knowledge of Ellis Paul trivia here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

Day-4 Ellis Paul Essentials Giveaway Trivia (Oct. 13)

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:55 am

Hi everyone!

Friday the 13th is going to be a LUCKY day for an EP board member! Membership does have its benefits! :)

OK...here's today's trivia question. In 1993 Ellis Paul won his 2nd Boston Music Award in the category Outstanding Song of the Year - for a song that has been included on Ellis Paul Essentials. To win a copy of the new double-disk, simply be the first person to reply to this posting with the name of the song that garnered Ellis his award. :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:22 pm

Conversation with a Ghost

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:22 pm

heh heh heh - and a great song it is.
Jeff

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:26 pm

You got it Emily! How did you find the answer? Or did you know? :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:31 pm

five minutes, I missed by five minutes. Darn. Congrats Emily.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."
Taylor Mali, "Like, You Know?"

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, I was 99% sure I knew but just to confirm I did search for his awards....hope that's not cheating. :)

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:34 pm

Hey....I just realized something. We've had 2 winners from Massachusetts and 2 winners from Oklahoma. Now that is just plain WEIRD. ;)

Three more chances to win Sue Ellen. :)

KarenZ

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:35 pm

And....I was born in Massachusettes AND lived in Oklahoma...so I just have to get one of these.

Sue Ellen
"...I implore you, I entreat you, I challenge you to speak with conviction, to say what you believe, in a manner that bespeaks the determination with which you believe it, because contrary to the wisdom of the bumper sticker, it is not enough these days to "question" authority, you have to speak with it, too."

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:35 pm

Go Okies!! :)

Sue Ellen

Postby Sue Ellen » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:37 pm

I was going to say go Pokes, but maybe I should stick with "Fear the Turtle."

Sue Ellen

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:40 pm

Emily, I got your number. ;)

Sue Ellen, do I detect a bit of SOUR GRAPES :?:

:lol:

KarenZ

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:43 pm

It should really be Boomer Sooner!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

Thanks Karen and good luck Sue Ellen!!

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:58 pm

Emily! I have to know! Did you know the answer????? :D

(I'll bet EP didn't even know that one.....) hee...hee...hee...

KarenZ

Becky

Postby Becky » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Congrats, Emily!!
We Okies know our EP trivia...
See you Sunday night at the Depot. (is it okay to give a shameless plug for our concert series?? Especially for other folks from Oklahoma out there. Info can be found at www.thepas.org)
Becky

emilyg

Postby emilyg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:03 pm

Becky - I would certainly say it's ok to put a plug in - even if the show is sold out! Hopefully the rest will do the same and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed we can get you know who for next season!!

Karen - I actualy DID know the answer but I had look it up to make sure I was correct so I wouldn't look ignorant! It's such an amazing song and I knew it was on one of his first cds (that I know about anyway) so,to me, that was the only logical answer.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:46 pm

You Okies are simply amazing! :lol: You really DO know your EP trivia! :shock:

KarenZ

Return to “Trivia Corner....or Did I Ever Know You?”